Zoombrowser Question

victoria_scudder

<p>Hello,<br>

I'm hoping I'm just overlooking something very easy, but I recently updated ZoomBrowser EX from the 4.5 version to 6.3 when I purchased a little Canon PowerShot SD780 IS. Unfortunately, the new version now won't recognize my Canon EOS. I'm sure it's got to be something simple, but my brains just don't seem to be figuring this one out today. Can someone please help me?<br>

Thank you!<br>

Victoria</p>

<p>Hi Victoria<br>

I started another thread because nobody had answered yours. I downloaded version 6.4 from the Canon website only to find out (and be told on this forum by the above poster) that my 5D MK II RAW files cannot be processed through Zoombrowser. I would have to use DPP or another editing program.<br>

I'm afraid I can't help with your camera, try looking it up on the Canon website and see if it is on the "supported list" Are you connecting your camera direct to your PC? Can you not just download the memory card?<br>

Good luck<br>

Isline Cleary</p>

<p>I have had similar problems.<br>

Canon UK replied that I should open Zoombrowser via either Canon Picture Window for my compacts (G5, G7 and G9) and via EOS Utility for my 5D's. <br>

But there are extra problems if you are a committed Canon user. I have had the same PC through 5 Canon digital cameras. Each new camera came with a new CD of Software. In my innocence (ignorance?), I just loaded the new set to the same PC when I first used the camera.<br>

That I am told is wrong, upgrades including those from the Canon website don't necessarily sit comfortably on top of each other.<br>

With my specific software and Canon cameras detailed I was given a procedure for loading part of one CD and then updating to the latest standards. I find this disappointing, other software suppliers arrange backwards compatibilty.<br>

I could of course just abandon the Canon Software and use third party stuff I have already, but I love Zoombrowser as a sorting and re-organising tool.<br>

I decided not to update any more unless the software is not working. The latest version is not necessarily the best for you. If it ain't broke....</p>

<p>Like Anothony, I was a committed Canon user since getting my original 5D in mid 2006. At that time, Zoombrowser did everything for me until I discovered CS2 that could do extra. Upgrading to the Mk II was just a natural progression for me (along with CS4) and I just expected to upload the CD and carry on as before. So much for compatibility eh...you'd think the CD shipped with the camera would work...</p>

<p>Hi all,<br>

Thank you so much for your responses. I assumed that my brand new camera also came with the newest version of ZoomBrowser, so I'm disappointed to know that's not the case at all. However, it's clear that I'm not alone in sharing the frustrations with these specific "upgrades". I think I will download directly from the memory cards for now and bypass ZoomBrowser altogether for the time being. It left such a mess on my hard drive after installation that it may be best to start from scratch until I figure out a better system. Again, I appreciate the time you all took to answer my question.<br>

Best!<br>

Victoria</p>