How much sharpening (Unsharp Mask) with mamiya 7 nikon coolscans

jimpete

<p> I finally have a few detailed landscape Mamiya 7II Nikon Coolscans done at 16bit tiff at 3000 (the 4000's I did are quite cumbersome in Elements 7 so had to give up on them for now) dpi ready for printing. I am planning on farming out glossy Fuji Chrystal Archive Chromira prints at 11x14, 16x20, and a couple at 20x24 to see what the Mamiya is capable of. I bought the Mamiya with the intention to make larger prints. Photos were taken with Fuji Velvia 50 and 100. My question is how much Unsharp Mask would you recommend for already seemingly sharp images with Mamiya 7 glass. This of course pertains to Amount, Radius, and Threshold. I have heard that what you see on the monitor as far as sharpening isn't necessarily what you get in print. My monitor is color calibrated with Eyeone 2 Display. Thanks for any help. Jim</p>

<p>Jim, are you using unsharp mask while scanning or in post processing? I wouldn't use any when scanning. When you sharpen go on the conservative side and do it to the final print size. I also have a Mamiya 7 and I find most photos generally require only a little bit of sharpening (assuming good technique and exposure). The Mamiya 7 and lenses produce the sharpest images in 6x7.</p>