WWII Reenactment w/ Kodak 35

rogerwb

<p>John, official issued cameras would have been limited to the Anniversary Speed Graphic (black face), Kodak Medalist (with black lens barrel, mainly issued to the Navy and Submarine forces) and the Kodak 35 (in green with black finish). There are technical manuals for some others like the Argus C-3, but it was never an officially issued camera as far as I know.<br>

5x7" cameras were in official use for military portrait shots.<br>

Not sure if there was a 120 film roll film back for the Speed Graphic at the time.<br>

Many private purchase cameras were carried and used by men of all branches of service (Lewinksi goes as far as to say that every one in two GIs carried a camera at the end of the conflict). Your father could have had his picture taken by any 120 or 620 film camera.</p>

<p>Christopher,<br>

Fine portrait of your father there. I recognize some of the ribbons on his M43 jacket; possible a purple heart on the left, 2nd looks like a good conduct bar, and the last one is an ETO-bar with campaign stars.<br>

There weren't too many 35mm half frames at the time. Was it possibly a Robot camera?</p>

<p>But we're side-tracking Roger's photos ;)</p>

<p>Thanks all for your comments.<br>

Rick -"The Box" for the PH 261 was found on the famous auction site when my wife, in a stroke of brilliance, did a search for simply "box". I was about to try and construct one when it showed up. Mine is actually late or post war, much more solidly constructed but internally identical to the original one. I also have the Kodak enlarger, the timer etc, etc, The only items I haven't come up with are the gooseneck copying lights. <br>

I'm glad you found the Yahoo Warcos site, it is a great resource and a great bunch of people. I was going to suggest it, but you obviously have found it. </p>