Do you ever need more than one hotshoe with a rangefinder?

asimrazakhan

<p>The first part is a serious question. The second part is meant to humor you:</p>

<p>So let's say you have a Leica M4... which does not have a meter. And so you decide you will get the Voigtlander VC meter to stick on the hotshoe. But then you also want to shoot with a 20mm lens which takes an external viewfinder. So how do you solve this? Is there a gadget out there that turns one hotshoe into two?<br>

==============</p>

<p>And if you really want to get wild...<br>

What if you need a separate hotshoe for:<br>

1. The Voigtlander VC meter<br>

2. An external viewfinder<br>

3. A hotshoe bubble/spirit leveler<br>

4. A hotshoe flash<br>

5. A Gossen Digisix pointing backwards to be used as an incident light meter<br>

6. Another spare hot shoe just to alleviate the worries of not having enough hotshoes.</p>

<p>Yes, there is a double shoe adapter sold here <a href="http://www.cameraquest.com/index.htm">http://www.cameraquest.com/index.htm</a><br>

Got to web site, scroll down half way, click price list, on left you can find accesories amongst other Voigtlander items, and there you will find it.<br>

That site is a complete disaster, very hard to navigate around, but he does have alot of stuff, it just scattered about, but its there.<br>

If you find it, better remember where it is, because you may never find it again, lol.</p>

<p>I don't need two hot shoes but I do need a hot shoe and a shoe for a 21mm finder to shoot flash with a 21mm f2.8 ASPH lens. My solution was to shoot flash with an a handle mount flash in AUTO mode and of course I could not use any TTL flash with my M7's. In practice though it works quite well and i have dedicated an M6 for this rig.-Dick</p>

<p>I rarely use flash, except a bare bulb one with utrawide lenses in a cramped space, and that is usually off camera, but the problem I have is with my non-metered Leica (M4-P) and VF use at the same time. I usually use a handheld incident/reflected meter in that case, or my spotmeter. I do intend to soon use a VC double shoe (not double hotshoe, I don't think they exist) on my old IIIc/f camera for VF (central) and VC meter (outboard).</p>