Cs4 tool selection problem

<p>It seems whenever I start cs4 I am unable to select any of the tools. It seems to be stuck on the hand tool when I try to change to anything else it doesn`t respond. The only way to remedy the situation is to reboot the computer . Anyone else having this problem. I am using widows7 by the way.</p>

<p>I'm also running CS4 on Win7 and I've experienced a similar problem. About half the tools won't work, and no plug-ins will work, some won't even load. My son does desktop support for the Windows development group, and he suggested I manually select the 32-bit version. On Win7, CS4 will automatically install both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Photoshop, and the desktop shortcut apparently defaults to the 64-bit. Win7 supports 64-bit programs, but there seem to be some bugs between it and Photoshop still. As long as I use the program menu to manually select the 32-bit version (or update the shortcut to that one), everything works great, so if the other suggestions don't work, you might try that. Good luck!</p>