New Photo Blog - Thoughts Appreciated

jason_deroner

<p>I've just finished coding up my personal photoblog, and I'd love some feedback. It's a custom design built from scratch.<br>

I'm just diving into amateur photography, so I've got a lot to learn in terms of taking great photos. Web development is where I spend most of my time, so this is a great way to combine a few hobbies into one. Thanks ahead of time for your thoughts!</p>

<p>A few comments based on a five minute test drive:<br>

Fairly easy to navigate and nice looking pages.<br>

I guess you are not planning to have much text there, as there is very little room for that. In my view this was more like a photo gallery rather than a blog. In a blog I would expect to have some kind of a diary type entries that gets updated every now and then and it would be easy to see what has been added each day. Well, I'm not sure if that aspect is important if your main goal is just to present your photos.<br>

A few points on functionality/usability:<br>

- 'contact' link does nothing<br>

- clicking one of the pictures on front page takes you to some location of some album, but random visitor will not easily see where he/she ended up. It would be more logical if you ended up into first photo of some album instead of last or something in between.<br>

- From the larger photo view mode you should get to album view mode by clicking the large picture instead of having to find the album name in small font in upper left corner. Now if you click the large photo, it apparently does something on the background, but nothing really changes on screen.</p>

<p>Thank you for the feedback, everyone.</p>

<p>I have a temporary fix for the issue you found Phil Ball.. the mechanism for retrieving the twitter stream has a mind of its own and chooses when to work and when not to.<br>

Juhani - Thanks for the invaluable feedback.. this is exactly what I was looking for. All things that being too close to the design never pop out. <br>

In terms of what I want to do with it - visitors would be nice, but it's more of a repository for my photos as I learn and grow. That and I love an excuse to design a web site, so as of now it's nothing more than that ;)</p>