A Great Photograph...oh yea?

jgalyon

<p>Honestly, I don't know who's who in photography and I don't care. I know what appeals to me and touches me. I've gone to museums and art galleries and some work is just plain crap, while others have an honesty about them that really moves me. I think if a piece of art or music makes my pulse race a little I take note and if my pulse races a lot then I know I find it to be a masterpiece whether or not anyone else does. I have never been one to follow anyone; I make my own path.</p>

<p>Trisha, I like that path you describe and can see it winding through all kinds of imaginative places. I look at getting to know famous photographers and photographers of the past and photographers that I see in local galleries like I look at having relationships in life. I don't follow any of them. I think of myself as in a dialogue with them, as if going for walks with them, holding hands, dancing. I challenge them, they challenge me, I love, I explore. There's a harmony of influence and individuation, inquisitiveness into what and how others see. </p>
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

<p><em>"And why would I want to hint at what quality means to me? You didn't hint at what hint means to you."</em> Jeremy J</p>

<p>Occam's Razor (remember?) and E Hemingway both demanded disciplined word useage: the word "quality," free-standing, refers to virtually nothing by itself, is too easily wasted and meaningless. I specifically referred to the word's free-standing lack of meaning.</p>

<p>Hoping you would refine your post to convey or hint at some sort of meaning, I offered examples of how "quality" is meaningfully used.</p>

<p> </p>