Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC 2010: #3

Matt Laur

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>

<p >So many incredible images, it’s a joy to run through this thread. Workflow by Matt Laur reminded me of an old “I Love Lucy” episode, but Matt shot his scene from a better angle. Again, Paula Wang stunned me with the beauty of her macros, the small worm dancing from one petal to another held my gaze far too long. Eric James’ Over Easy, Kuskokwim River is one of those wonderful abstract pieces that sends my mind spinning in different directions as I plug in different possibilities of what I might be seeing, nothing so easy as a river. Shane Srogi’s little frog tucked away between leaves delighted me. Steve Hughes’ surf shot caught my eye, perhaps because I spent part of the day out on the beach enjoying SoCal’s bad weather. I quite savored the beautiful capture by Matthew Brennan, such crisp detail and colors visible in the feathers and, well, throughout his Cockatoo. Adorable portrait of Greg Jones’ grandson, babies always make me think of my own children when they were young and then wipe a sigh of relief that I’ve got a few years yet before I get to enjoy my own grandchildren. Speaking of children, something about Pedro Claro’s shot of his oldest daughter spoke to me, wonderful smile and eyes. And so many, many other wonderful shots that I get to enjoy, but can’t comment on this time.</p>

<p >My own image was taken with my D700 and an 80-200 Nikon lens at the beach this morning. It was lovely with only three people out, each of us with our own camera.</p>

<p > </p>

</p><div>00VYr0-212325584.jpg.db77214a733107cb06e14fe4401539ce.jpg</div>

<p>Cathi, your picture's dimensions in pixels determines how big it will look on a computer screen. Yours is quite small—100 x 100 pixels. The widest ones you see here are 700 pixels wide, which is the maximum allowed on this thread. There's no official limit on height, but it's generally best to keep height to no more than about 700 pixels also.</p>

<p>Cathi, you need to first determine the URL for the actual JPEG image itself you want to display, not just the URL for the page you see that image. In your case it is this: <a href="http://catnranpix.smugmug.com/Other/Southern-Scrap-Tailgate/DSC0133/769629029_F6fUx-L.jpg">http://catnranpix.smugmug.com/Other/Southern-Scrap-Tailgate/DSC0133/769629029_F6fUx-L.jpg</a><br />It should have the "jpg" suffix at the end.</p>

<p>When you are at the page where you see the image, put your mouse cursor over the image and right click and select properies; it should display the URL for the actual JPEG image as one of the properties.</p>

<p>After that, please follow photo.net's FAQ to link to your image:<br /><a href="../info/frequent-questions#upload_forum_images">http://www.photo.net/info/frequent-questions#upload_forum_images</a></p>

<p>Lil, I did call the Audubon Zoo who referred me to a bird rehabers. Unfortunatley no one will go out and catch the bird. If it were on the ground injured then they would help.<br>

So many great photos, will be back later and try and comment.</p>

<p >Thanks to Mark H., Peter R., & Lil for your kind comments on my Macro pic. of the week. I was touched by your kind comments. </p>

<p >Like all the entries. My most favorites of this week are:</p>

<p >Epp B – Cold and Lonely</p>

<p >Steve H – Surf</p>

<p >Matthew B – Yellow Tailed Black Cockatoo</p>

<p >Mike C – LA at Sunset</p>

<p >Aguinaldo de Paula – Morning at the Jurubatiba Natural Reserve</p>

<p >Dallas McVicker – Cattle Egret</p>

<p >Gej Jones – The Gulf Coast of Alabama</p>

<p >Debejyo C – India –Taj Mahal</p>

<p > </p>

<p >Lil, hope I have the luck to find the elusive Sora up here in the north.</p>

<p>Happy </p>

<h1>Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC 2010: #3</h1>

<p>First off I was really struck by Joseph Leotta's "dug out" picture. That one is a classic!<br>

For this week I'm also diving into the archive. I dug this picture out from three years ago. I took it with a D200 camera.</p><div>00VZYH-212733584.jpg.ef08fd98b36687160a731c02752e3408.jpg</div>

<p>Images that really caught my eye and inspired me this week are:<br>

Epp - Good eye, your planning paid off.<br>

Eric- Your abstract images have beem amazing, especially when I think about what you are shooting.<br>

Shane - Beautifully done. So whimsical.<br>

Mike C.- I love it. Such an interesting shot.<br>

Aquinaldo - Beautifully done!! Reminds me of when I was living in southwest Minnesota.<br>

Dubravko- I love the sense of place that your shot conveys.<br>

Jeannean - Lovely portrait. You are going to have to rethink your obsession w/ bugs! ;-)<br>

Tiffany- What a wonderful shot of the males in your family. I can understand why it fills you up!!<br>

Have a wonderful week, everyone.</p>

<p>Thanks <strong>Tiffany</strong> ! and again a Lovely family portrait yours. <br /> <br /> Thanks<strong> Lil</strong> ! and congratulation for your Porzana carolina catching! .. by the way ...if you know of a bird as valuable as the Cockatoos, but around here, in South America, tell me so, please. It would be an interesting way to finance a D3x and new prime lenses !! ;-) <br /> <br /> About Ton Mestrom, his last posting here was around week 42, and it was an empty post, no pics no words. It was after the discussion about sizes and pixels. I thought it was a way to say he was no longer posting here. Hope to be wrong, I miss also his fantastic images here.<br /> <br /> But he is very active posting and commenting in others photo.net forums <a href="../shared/community-member-all?proc_name=bboard&user_id=3937630 ">Link </a> and <a href="../photos/TonMestrom">Portfolio</a> <br /> <br /> by by</p>