Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC 2010: #3

Matt Laur

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>It's been a difficult week, so a few moments spent with the WedNEsDAy thread is a special pleasure today. The photo below was taken two weeks ago during our snow, but a recent discussion about photo-editing has inspired me to do some extra post-shot processing, which I think rather suits the content.</p>

<p>Even so, I've a way to go when compared with Epp B's wonderfully elegant capture of a similar subject.</p><div>00VYam-212179684.jpg.60bb8d15b688428ee430597ee62e1161.jpg</div>

<p>Hello everybody around the world!<br /> It's nice to see so much great photos this week as well.<br /> <br /> Let me start by saying thanks! to all of you that liked my shot. It's flattering and obligating me to do better this weak. <br /> <br /> My favorites for this week are:<br /> <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=2344388">Matt Laur</a> , I really like the composition.<br /> <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=4721871">Epp B</a> , i think I mention your name almost every weak, i really like your work!<br /> <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=4456907">Shane Srogi</a> , be at right place at right time, and make a photo with great story and composition.<br /> <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=943565">Aguinaldo de Paula</a> , I'm in love with wide angle, so... :)<br /> <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=588669">Dubravko Grakalic</a> , Samobor is always nice, i like the composition.<br /> <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=5369057">Roberta Davidson</a> , :) Why o why, I really like it. <br /> <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=3949752">Gej Jones</a> , love the blue color and composition.<br /> <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=786707">Tiffany Brook</a> , really warm photo, it shows you love ones on it.<br /> <br /> I've took my photo in city Ogulin in Croatia. Part of abandoned old building. Partially desaturated in capture NX.</p><div>00VYbO-212187584.jpg.a73a7f90fb980b552e6214a401726ca2.jpg</div>

<p>Wow! Wednesday comes so fast... means I'm getting old :-)</p>

<p>Totally unprepared again this week so here is another image from my Hong Kong trip late last year. These are the wonderful little cardboard and wood signs used to mark out different herbs and spices in the markets up near Mong Kok.</p>

<div>00VYgc-212225584.thumb.jpg.1a71a21a2f610830e1a3aeee74ab21a6.jpg</div>

<p>Well - it's pouring "dogs & cats" to quote my daughter today, so maybe I'll have a chance to comment today. :)<br>

First up - to <strong>Dan South, Tiffany Brook, Gej Jones</strong> (yes they are toys. :-) ) <strong>& Mark H</strong> . Thank you all for commenting on Kyrie's photo. We're enjoying her a lot. :-)<br>

For this week - this is what has caught my eye....<br>

<strong>Rene' </strong> - I love old doors so this one qualifies. :-)<br>

<strong>Paula</strong> - love this macro shot. It's wonderful :-) The softness & tones. :-)<br>

<strong>Joe </strong> - nice walk down memory lane.<br>

<strong>Erik </strong> - adorable candid of the little girl<br>

<strong>Narayan </strong> - lovely shot, the colors/tones & play with dof - beautiful framing.<br>

<strong>Epp</strong> - - stunning. :-) Simplicity to it's best.<br>

<strong>Hamish</strong> - I so remember those cold days....<br>

<strong>Shane</strong> - stunning shot - love the colors & framing - - stellar.<br>

<strong>Shun </strong> - fun shot. Oh I remember being about 18 years old & buying a life vest for our cat. We were going sailing on our new boat for three weeks bringing along the cat. He was forced to wear the vest & he could not stand it. Poor boy....<br>

<strong>James </strong> - great door - - love the colors.<br>

<strong>Matthew</strong> - love your Yellow Tailed Black Cockatoo in flight. I love the Black Cockatoos. Do you know that bird is worth about $ 20,000 in the US..... <br>

<strong>Greg</strong> - I love when babies get to the point that they start discovering their toes & feet. Too cute. :)<br>

<strong>Eric</strong> - that fortune teller has character. ;-)<br>

<strong>Aguinaldo</strong> - love your landscape. Love how the clouds reflect in the water.<br>

<strong>Ray</strong> - love the light & colors<br>

<strong>Michael </strong> - excellent shot of horse & rider in Eventing - the most dangerous of all equestrian disciplines.<br>

<strong>Pedro</strong> - welcome to posting & you have a lovely daughter.<br>

<strong>Robert </strong> - beautiful landscape.<br>

<strong>Ken </strong> - great candid you got on Wall Street.<br>

<strong>Dubravko </strong> - great winder capture.<br>

<strong>Rick </strong> - great candid of the little girl<br>

<strong>Richard </strong> - great shot of the Bougainvillea - love the colors<br>

<strong>Ron</strong> - interesting play on dark & light on this shot of the rose.<br>

<strong>Gwen </strong> - love your landscape of the wetlands. :-)<br>

<strong>Jeannean</strong> - that's just a great candid of your niece. Lovely & she's beautiful. Well done.<br>

<strong>Dallas</strong> - great shot of the Cattle Egret.<br>

<strong>Carey</strong> - great shot of the winter landscape<br>

<strong>Roberta</strong> - great capture of the White Ibis. Have you considered calling the closes wildlife society & telling them the location of the bird. They're good at catching them & rehabilitating them after things like this....<br>

<strong>Gej </strong> - love you landscape - - beautiful colors.<br>

<strong>Doug</strong> - great B&W conversion.<br>

<strong>Alejandro</strong> - great play with dof on the lizard.<br>

<strong>Ernst </strong> - been there & dealt with that. Great capture.<br>

<strong>Paul </strong> - love your CA landscape.<br>

<strong>Peter</strong> - I left Sweden almost 29 years ago so I don't know what happens currently. But I've not ever seen that before. Could be Danish or simply something new....<br>

<strong>Tiffany </strong> - great shot of your husband & son. Love the warmth & joy in it.<br>

<strong>Colleen</strong> - lovely landscape<br>

<strong>Sam</strong> - the winner of cuteness of this week's thread. :-) You win by default.<br>

<strong>Peter</strong> - love your B&W winter landscape.<br>

<strong>Mike </strong> - nice HDR waterfall<br>

<strong>Jeff</strong> - lovely sunset.<br>

<strong>Debejyo</strong> - love your shot from the Taj Mahal<br>

and<br>

<strong>Tiffany</strong> - thank you for your comment on my Sora shot. You are always so kind & generous. :-)<br>

Now - my question???? <strong>Where's Lex & Ton??? </strong> I haven't seen anything from either of them for a while..... Anyone know what's going on? I miss them both.<br>

Lil :-)</p>

<p><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=588669"><br /> </a></p>

<p>Well now here we are a few hours later, good work everyone. A few the touched me this week.<br>

Grant tanner - I like it. Maybe the color, the simplicity, I dont know. I like it.<br>

Epp B - the wait was worth it.<br>

Shane Srogi - Nice Composition. The frog is gross, I dont like frogs but the photo is nice<br>

Paul B - the bars make me feel bad for the sheep<br>

Aguinaldo de paula - Love the movement, I feel like I am moving a really fast<br>

Joe Elrod - Life goes on, we are so small.<br>

Doug Santo - Lovely<br>

Peter Giraudian - they are beautiful birds, kind of a aeronautical geek myself. Nice capture</p>

<p>Mike L Long - nice shot of the falls. Do you live in the area?</p>

<p>I can't believe I've had my D300 for 16 months now and have yet to go to Hocking Hills since I got it. It's a real crime because my farm is an easy 20 minute drive due north of Logan.</p>

<p> </p>