Epson 4880 Q: What to do when an Epson paper isn't an option in drop-down menus?

<p>I was helping a friend set up his new Epson 4880 yesterday, and once we got it fired up, we wanted to test it out on a paper he uses most often to print art note cards. He has been using Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Matte Paper, but it was not one of the choices in the drop-down menu under matte papers. Where would I find a profile for that paper? Or is one of the built-in profiles the equivalent? Thanks!<br /> </p>

<p>Is Enhanced Matte listed?</p>

<p>Enhanced Matte was renamed to UPPM for the consumer market, and exists as both UPPM and Enhanced Matte for the professional market. (Now rolls are still Enhanced Matte while most sheet packaging is UPPM.)</p>

<p>Epson was aiming to make the paper names "easier to understand," but clearly that didn't work. ;)</p>

<p>I believe this should be listed in the current UPPM instruction booklet if you're looking for it.</p>

<p>Theres are not paper profiles, they are hard wired media settings. For 3rd party papers, you have to guess. For Epson papers, the paper should tell you want to select (or get close by picking a similar type paper). The media settings control ink coverage, platen gap etc. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)