Cable release for Kiev 88

josh_larsen

<p>I have a Kiev 88 and am interested in a cable release for this camera.<br>

I purchased a generic brand one from a local camera shop and it does not screw into the socket on my Kiev. It works fine on one of my other manual cameras, although I notice it is barely starting to thread on that camera.<br>

Is it possible I purchased a poor quality cable and it just doesnt have fine enough threads to thread to the Kiev?<br>

Does the Kiev use a different size/configuration of cable release?</p>

<p>http://araxphoto.com/accessories/cable-release1/<br>

<br /> "Standard cable release without auto time lock for Kiev 6C, 60, 88, 88CM, Salut, ARAX, other cameras. <br /> Length - 25cm. Has standard thread and fits to most of cameras. <br /> Price: $7"<br /> <br /> I use one with Kiev/Arax60. Haven't tried it on other cameras but it at least says "standard".</p>

<p>FWIW I also use one of those Russian or Ukrainian cable releases from Arax for my Arax 60. It has a straight, rather than tapered, thread and seems to work better than a western cable release on that camera. It also fits onto my Rolleiflex, but the plunger is too long and it doesn't work right.</p>

<p>So I ended up going to a local camera shop with the camera in hand. They had 3-4 different releases that I tried out and finally found one that worked for me.<br>

Some were too wide for the lens, some wouldn't thread. Finally found the 'just right' one.</p>

• 2 months later...