Carrying case and storage

mirzaphotography

<p>I need to know the most efficient storage system for consolidating my equipment for easy transportation. I was thinking a gym bag, but it may look too tacky and unprofessional, and it won't protect my equipment well. <br>

Here's a list of what I have:<br>

Nikon D300s<br>

Nikon 50 1.8d<br>

Nikon 18-200<br>

Nikon SB-600 Flash<br>

Tripod<br>

1 - Light stand<br>

1 - umbrella<br>

Are there any specific cases that you use that help protect your gear, allow for easy access and portability?<br>

Thanks in advance!<br>

Bill</p>

<p>I use two bags one to carry my D200, D300, various lenses and flashes. I use Lowepro fastpack 350 and to carry my light stands umbrellas backgrounds and such I use an old Speedorton dufflebag padded so that all my stuff is nicely protected. Look at Domke bags or try Pelican cases I cannot speak for last two but I am sure if you look around online you'll find something.</p>

<p>Regular bag of any kind to hold the camera and lenses. Either a bundle or a bag to hold the tripod and stands.</p>

<p>As far as professionalism of appearance goes: the key is organization. If you appear disorganized and trip all over yourself when you arrive someplace, no matter what brand of bag or box you had, it would look, and feel, clownish.</p>

<p>Premium brand bags and boxes won't prevent leaving that one essential item behind. Forgot film? Forgot batteries? Forgot memory card, or something like it? It wasn't the bag's fault. The bag doesn't do the inventory before you leave, or put the object in the right spot for you. It's a bag. How the person uses the bag counts more than the label or design.</p>

<p>Carrying yourself with confidence, more than carrying your stuff in a container, will inspire some confidence within others.</p>

<p>For long haul trips which involve rough handling and longer stays, I like Pelican hard cases for semi-permanent storage. For common day to day use, any bag that doesn't knock the equipment together is a good choice. </p>

<p>For easy access, limit what goes in the bag. If you have padded slots built into the bag, you will naturally settle into using the same slot for the same item again and again.</p>

<p>I use a regular camera bag for lenses, body, etc... and a second bag for all flash electronics, cables, etc.. and a large rolling duffle bag (40" tall I think) that holds my light stands (4), small umbrellas(2), reflectors, tripod; I picked it up at a sporting goods store for cheap.</p>

<p>I try to divide my equipment by priority.</p>

<p>The actual equip I use to shoot with, camera, lenses,flash, CF cards, filters etc... will go in a bag.<br>

My bag is large enough to carry One Camera body w/ lens attached + 2 additional lenses</p>

<p>The items that "support" the shoot are separated...Stands, umbrellas etc....</p>

<p>The latter I often bungy and toss in the vehicle as I don't consider them fragile.</p>