Have anyone rented a Lense from BorrowLense.com or any other Company?

pasha_belman

<p>Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone have ever rented a lense from BorrowLense.com or any other lense online rental companies?<br>

How reliable are they. I want to rent me few different lenses so I can test them out before I buy it. Any input is welcome.<br>

If anyone from around North Carolina or South Carolina and knows an online store for Renting Photography equipment, please let me know.<br>

Thank you,</p>

<hr>

<i>Signature URL deleted per photo.net <A HREF="http://www.photo.net/info/guidelines"><b>Community Guidelines</b></A> - http://www.photo.net/info/guidelines. The appropriate place to post a link to your blog or website is your photo.net profile page, accessible via the My Workspace link.</i><br>

<p>Hi Pasha,<br>

I have rented many times from Borrowlenses.com as well as Lensrentals.com and they both were a pleasure to deal with and very professional. I just finished renting a new D3S for a week, which I have to return today:(<br>

The thing I like about borrowlenses is that allow you to rent for 3 days and if I remember correctly lensrentals did not have that option.<br>

The down side is the two lenses that I rented from borrowlenses (200 f2 & 200-400 F4) have since been added to my collection of lenses....</p>

<p>My recent experience with lensrentals.com shows they have real integrity. I purchased a used lens with the understanding it could be returned within three days if it was not acceptable. I ordered a lens in "9" condition with only superficial scratches on the barrel. What I received looked like it had been thrown out of a speeding car. It had a chunk missing in one spot and another area had been ground down to the silver metal, as if someone had scraped it against a buzz saw. To me, this was not superficial. These marks were evidence of significant impact and pressure. Although this particular lens is reputedly built like a tank, I didn't feel good about the effect on the inside workings.</p>

<p>I took photos of these marks and emailed them to lensrentals.com customer service. I got a reply immediately from Roger, the owner. He agreed these were not superficial marks. He could only surmise that this lens had been swapped in the paperwork with the one I was meant to get. I had kind of a sinking feeling like, oh, you say that to everybody. He told me to return the banged-up lens with the enclosed prepaid return label and he'd send another. This was right before Thanksgiving.</p>

<p>I boxed it up and took it to UPS that afternoon. Big surprise: I received the replacement the very next day! If I'd had a suspicion of intentional bait and switch, it was wiped out by the instant service. They even gave me extra inspection time to allow for the Thanksgiving holiday.</p>

<p>I was very impressed by the personal way Roger handled the problem.</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>Pasha, (a little late to influence your past decision) about photo equipment rental companies but I have used only Borrowlense.com twice. So far, GREAT SERVICE and knowledgeable friendly staff! I rented a nikon D90; 24-70 2.8 lense & sb600 flash to shoot (a friend's) my first wedding! I have a 5 yr old nikon D50 but all the pros said "never show up at a wedding with only 1 camera!...<br>

I called Borrowlens.com with general first time customer questions. They explained their rental program very easy & direct, I placed my order online, they started to process it while still on the phone, website is "painless"; Most of the staff are photographers at some level so they love giving advice or offering suggestions.<br>

At first, I was given the name of a local camera rental in Atlanta GA. ...Let's just say their deposit for the "camera body" only was more than $200 higher than the total cost of my order with Borrowlense.com!!<br>

Borrowlense.com is located in San Francisco CA. they offer overnight & 2 day delivery. They offer 3-day rentals for local & w/in state of Calif. Outside state- weekly: HINT, hint: you are REQUIRED to PAY for ROUND TRIP shipping when you place order.. My order arrived on time in excellent condition!<br>

BTW- PROBLEM: About 4 hours after they shipped my first order they called to say Sorry, the sb600 is not available so they shipped the sb900 instead at the original cost of the sb600!! Ask about their 30% discount for first time customers if you haven't used them already! Good shooting!</p>