Fuji Archival Matt vs Kodak Endura Semi-matt

<p>Neither semi-matte(luster) or matte in resin coated RA4 paper is sharp due to the finish, or a real matte finish either. :( Why are you wanting to print black and white images on colour paper? You can get real black and white paper in wide rolls for lambda printers, and you are not limited to a high contrast paper.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>In my view, while I prefer Fuji for glossy papers, for people I usually prefer both the color and the surface of Kodak's Endura Matte (which is <em>not</em> the same surface as Kodak's Endura Lustre, which is a semi-matte). Obviously if you put glass over the paper, you will tend to minimize the effects of the surface. And obviously for really sharp prints, you need a glossy paper.</p>

<p>And I agree with Bob--printing B&W on color paper is almost always a second-best approach. Mpix offers inexpensive B&W prints on Ilford real B&W silver halide RC paper. If you want FB paper, or a surface other than "pearl" (a semi-matte that's not my favorite), places like A&I offer nice options, albeit starting at about $50 per print.</p>