Block Quotes

richard_lyman1

<p> O.K. I'm feeling really stupid right now, but I can not figure out the block quote option when posting in the forums. I ran a quick search in this forum but nothing that specifically addressed my question. I tried highlighting the text I wanted to quote and copying it. I ended up with all the text that I had written block quoted. What exactly is the proper procedure for performing this seemingly simple task? I tried every possible combination I could think of but the results were always a mess of things I didn't want quoted, quoted, and vise-versa. Thanks for your assistance.</p>

<p>Type all the text you want, separating paragraphs by two hits of the RETURN key.</p>

<p>Then put your cursor anywhere within the text of the paragraph you want to become a BLOCK QUOTE and hit the quote marks in the menu bar. That should turn ONLY that paragraph into a block quote, with a gray background.</p>

<p>Sometimes, if you copy text into the forums from other programs, the paragraphing gets screwed up and you are best to delete all paragraph breaks and then hit the RETURN key twice in order to get the paragraph separation you want. I find that if I copy text in from WORD or from my EMAIL program, even though paragraphs look like they are separated, when I block quote what I think is only ONE paragraph, all the text gets block quoted. So I try to key enter the text I want directly into the forums rather than copying from other programs. If I do copy in from other programs, I simply delete all paragraph breaks and reformat them by deleting everything between the two paragraphs and hitting the RETURN key twice within the forum menu itself.</p>

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

<p> Thanks Fred, I wasn't using another program but trying to quote another poster within the same thread. I'm aware of the double RETURN key to separate paragraphs.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Then put your cursor anywhere within the text of the paragraph you want to become a BLOCK QUOTE and hit the quote marks in the menu bar. That should turn ONLY that paragraph into a block quote, with a gray background.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>OK I got it now. Thanks Fred!</p>

<p>Thanks for this info -- I've been trying to figure this out too! </p>

<blockquote>

<p> </p>

</blockquote>