First classic to use in new year

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>I just finished a roll of Kodak color film in my little Ikonta 35, which just returned from a fresh CLA by Carol Miller at Flutot's. The Compur shutter sounds great and the Xenar is spotless. I had to poke it out the back door because it's below zero here in Minnesota.</p>

<p>I have to finish up the roll in my Reflexa (actually a rebadged Mamiya Prismat) with the Exakta-mount Canon lens.<br /> Close examination of the body reveals that it was apparently bounced down a flight of stone steps at some point, but the lens remained intact at the cost of the personal sacrifice of a UV filter that more-or-less "threw itself on the grenade". Somebody at least had spent some money to make the camera work again (I think), even though it bears the scars such as sections of the top cover that look like someone had sort of hammered out the dents.</p>

<p>When I get the film developed, I promise a post on this if the thing actually works.</p>

<p>My Kontax II - Contax II rescued from parts and restored by ex-Arsenal Techs in Ukraine . Non matching back and body Kiev II shutter etc - new paint , restored leather , polished chrome , with Jupiter 3 glass in Sonnar mount . <br>

Signifies continuity and constancy from 1936 until 1960 when the K IIa was discontinued . Surviving relocation and diverse ideaologies ... Plus a rebirth of a camera uneconomic to revive , destined to be a donor for a more worthy Contax . It's odd - I feel this Combination , uniquely , to be truly MINE .<br>

But , I am certified crazeee !<br>

dee </p>

<p>Mike -</p>

<p>I'll run a roll of one of my last remaining Agfapan 100 films, through my Retina IIa. Perhaps some Neopan through the old Rolleicord II, if there is enough good weather to permit. Ugly, wet and windy here in Oregon, brief clearing allows limited chances. Hurry up, spring.</p>

<p>P</p>

<p>I ventured out into the cold this morning with my Canon EF--it was around 12 degrees so I didn't stay out too long. Tomorrow I'll shoot more with my EF but also with my Konica Autoreflex T.</p>

<p><strong>Louis</strong> --That's a beautiful "first Minolta"! Can't wait to see what you do with it.</p>

<p>My first classic will be a Leica M3 which I will use for an architectural/history project.<br>

Second will be a mini Speed Graphic which I will use just for fun. I will be shooting 2x3 sheet film and 120/620 roll film in it.</p>

<p>Just finished a service on a recently acquired Konica FS1 with a nice f1.4 normal.<br /> I'm experimenting with some wacky "out dated" high contrast 25 ASA Ektagraphic B&W in it.<br /> Shot some images today of winter 'barren' tree branches and 'stark' graphic structures.<br /> Let's see what develops<strong>! </strong>(Dickel 1:3 dilution)</p><div>00VOgC-205925584.JPG.bfb51a7f5c170fe3c7ccb1ffd9689598.JPG</div>

<p>I went out and used my Franka Solida II with color film (a change for me) and now have to wait for them to get developed:(<br>

The weather has been nice in the desert which is the time to get out in Arizona. Happy New Year....</p>