3rd party MB-D10, anyone using one?

canonfduser

<p>Another problem with the third-party grip offerings not yet mentioned is structural strength. I use a BlackRapid RS-5 strap, meaning that the camera hangs from the strap by the tripod screw. I'm fine with that when the strap is being screwed into a hole in the magnesium body of the D700, but I'm a whole lot less sure about the prospect of hanging the camera from a third-party battery grip. I don't know what the grip is made of and I don't know how much to trust the mechanical connection between the grip and the body.<br>

Meanwhile I don't have a battery grip at all. If Nikon do release a battery grip with built-in GPS as was vaguely rumoured on some random discussion forum, that would be enough of a value proposition to make my buy the grip. Otherwise, I'll probably hang on without even though I'd find it convenient to use one.</p>

<p>I have a third party grip..Zeikos..its fine ..works great..BUT..I recently used a nikon grip..and I have to say that the shutter button and feel are much better. Mine sounds weird..hollow sounding when you hit the shutter button..the nikon sounds and fells just like teh camera controls with no strange hollow sound. If you are not a kook like me..and this doesn't bother you..go for a third party one..they work great..and give a chunky feel on the D90 which I love.</p>

<p>I use the Zeikos. Works great, I think I got it for $79.00 but you can find it for even less now. It feels solid enough. Used it my heavy 2.8 zoom, sb-900, flash, grip with AA batteries hanging from my Black Rapid Strap for hours on end. The button to move the focus point is not as nice as the Nikon grip, but they charge too much. </p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Is the Zeikos Battery grip strong enough to connect a Black Rapid R-strap to it ?<br>

Since the R-strap connects to the tripod hole... the Zeikos Battery grip has to be strong right ?<br>

I really don't want the Heavy body+Lens crash on the ground.</p>

<p> </p>