a few from the darkroom

golden

Awesome pictures, John! They're all good, but I especially like the first one. I don't know what it is, but something about it had me hooked right away. It really reminds me of pictures I've seen in "Silvershotz" magazine. I'm serious about that. Do you ever look at that magazine? It's expensive, but I get it once in a while when I go to Barnes and Noble. It's nice to see a photography magazine that tends to focus mainly on traditional photography and darkroom techniques. I think you'd like it...though like I said, it's kinda expensive :(

Great photos. I always like your posts.

<p>thanks guys for the nice comments, yes scot my niece is at that age where she is p*ssed at the world, lol, not really, this was an eight second exposure, she said she couldnt hold a smile for 8 sec, i said ok, then give me your mean look. (and she did). Hi Chris good to see you again, havnt seen you in a while, strange i have never heard of silvershotz magazine but thanks for the tip i will have to go to barnes and nobles and check it out. I usually go to books-a-million, about the only mag they have there that interests me is B&W magazine, its pretty good too but i defenitly want to check out the one you mentioned. thanks again,</p>

<p>the reason for the soft center is probably a scanning issue, the prints look pretty good compared to the scans. though the dof is shallow on an 8x10 and a 14inch lens with a constant aperature of f8 i can use some movements to make up for some of it. my 14in. commercial ektar is a breeze to shoot with compared to the rapid, but it produces a completly different look, i really like the look the rapid gives. thanks again guys for the nice comments</p>