Conversion to jpg with Image Processor in CS3

<p>After processing my RAW files in ACR, I save in .psd. For convenience, I use the Image Processor to convert files to jpg as needed. The RAW and .psd files are Adobe RGB 1998, however, I have to check the box in the Image Processor "Convert to sRGB profile" or they will end up a completely different hue. Why would I have to convert to sRGB from RGB if I wanted them to remain the same hue?</p>

<p>If you are viewing the converted jpgs with a non-color managed viewing program they may well take on a different coloration unless they are converted to sRGB. However when viewed in Photoshop there should be no real change in hue regardless of the color space tag.</p>

<p>Recently, I took two images to my print shop: #1-Converted to jpg from psd using the Image Processor WITHOUT checking the box "Convert to sRGB profile" #2-Same but box checked. The printer confirmed that there was a distinct difference in color when viewed on his machine. Mike: I view these jpgs in PS so that isn't the issue. Patrick: Since sRGB has a lesser color range, I would think that would not be the case. Still don't get it.</p>