A12 Back Not Opening

nathaniel_perales

<p>Hello everyone,</p>

<p>I just bought a Hasselblad 500C/M about a month ago. It's been fantastic. I've been very successful with everything that has come up with the beautiful camera. But tonight I was about to load some film into the magazine but got side tracked by someone talking to me, and just put the Film Magazine back inside the A12 back not really thinking anything of it. Then I realized I had to shoot through 12 shots to get the magazine out again. And now after the 12 shots I've been doing everything to get the magazine out. I have the dark slide in, I've tried taking the back off shooting an exposure and then putting the back on and winding it to see if that let's it free, nothing seems to work. My theory is that because there was no film in there, the back is waiting for the film to be wound and released. Since there's not film, it never gets registered that the film has been released.</p>

<p>Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all in advance.</p>

<p>Hi Nathaniel you do not have to shoot any frames or have any film to open the back. I guess you know how to do it, you just twist the tab on the right side and remove the film insert.<br>

If you are trying to remove the back itself, you do have to insert the darkslide all the way in then slide the button on the top and the back will come off.<br>

Hope this helps.....</p>

<p>Nathaniel,</p>

<p>As Russ said, you do not need film in the magazine, nor is there a particular moment at which you can remove the insert. It's always possible, whether the back is on the camera or not.<br>

If the insert will not come out after you unlock it by turning the key, it may be possible that something is snagging.<br>

Take the magazine off the camera, remove the darkslide, and try again looking through the film gate at the pressure plate. If the insert doesn't come out, push on the pressure plate (it will do no harm) while trying.</p>