New HP Battery?

olbob

<p>In hopes of an informed member's knowledge of the HP situation: Does anyone have an idea about replacing the battery of the now discontinued HP R707 camera. I understand they no longer market cameras, and my local dealer tells me that includes batteries which might fit. The camera has been wonderful, and continues to provides striking photos. But some day the second battery, which I purchased at my wife's urging ("with Carly gone. I bet they'll quit the camera line!") will give out. Then what, HP? Appreciate any help you might be. Thanks!</p>

<p>Bob, I believe third part replacement batteries will be available for quite some time, even more so for once popular cameras. This is evident with a quick search of replacement batteries (which are available on-line) for long obsolete camcorders and cameras, many requiring obscure sizes and voltages.</p>

<p>I did a quick Google search and found several online retailers selling that battery. At Amazon.com, they had a nice, clear picture of the battery. On it, it said that it replaced several different batteries for Pentax, Fuji, Kodak, Panasonic, Casio, Ricoh and Toshiba cameras. If that many cameras used that battery, it should probably be around for quite a while.</p>

<p>Hope this helps.</p>

<p>Paul Noble</p>