Kowa 6 lens question?

tim_drake

<p >I am hoping that some Kowa Six users can contribute some information on various Kowa lenses. I would like to know how many aperture blades there are on the various lenses. The lens of most significance to me is the 55mm but the others would be great to know. Also I saw one owner’s manual that said the filter size on the 55mm lens was 82mm and elsewhere I have seen 67mm as the filter size. Were there more than one 55mm lenses? I am also going to post this question on the medium format forum Thanks for your time, TD</p>

<p>Thanks for the reply Jim. I have found there was an older silver 55mm lens that takes 82mm filters and a newer 55mm lens in black that takes 67mm filters. Still no answer as to how many diaphram or aperture blades it has though. I guess I am trying to find out how good the bokeh is on the Kowa lenses. I have a Kalloflex tlr made by Kowa and it's lens is sharper and with better bokeh than my Rolleiflex 3.5E. The Kalloflex has 8 blades vs the usual 5. So if the Kowa Six lenses are as good as the Kalloflex, I would be interested in picking one up. Regards, TD</p>

<p>The information concerning the range of lenses in the Kowa Six manual is quite interesting - I never knew that Kowa made a 19mm Fisheye, 35mm Super Wide angle or a 500mm Telephoto for the Kowa Six. Might have never made it past the prototype stage as the widest lens for the Kowa I was aware of is the 55mm and the longest the 250mm Telephoto.</p>

<p> </p>