5D Mark II Accessories Question

brian_ellis19

<p>I'm getting ready to replace my 5D with a Mark II. I have the Really Right Stuff L braket on the 5D. I also have a Canon electronic cable release (the one that costs about $50, not the more expensive one that does more things I don't need). My question is whether either of these will work on the Mark II or whether I should just include them with the 5D when I sell it. TIA.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Great thing about the 5DII is that the cheap infrared remote from the rebel series works with it.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>You're probably not old enough to remember, but the RC-1 was introduced in 1990 as a wireless remote for the EOS 10S. It remained as the wireless remote for the entire Elan series, many of the Rebels, the IXE/IX, countless point 'n shoots and, finally, the 5D Mark II. I still use my original 1990 RC-1 with my new 5D Mark II. Only had to change the batteries twice in 19 years!</p>

<p>If you need additional range, you can clone the IR signal with a learning TV/stereo remote and really crank the dad burn thang up to 11!</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter