Thanks for wide angle advice for 7D

james_de_h

<p>Just a thanks to all those who gave advice on an 'affordable' wide angle lens choice for my 7D. I opted for a used Canon EF-S 10-22. (I spent more than I wanted but a lot less than new and only a bit more than a used Sigma - they seem hold their value well, even first generation f4 versions). Although the 10-22 does not have the 'build' of my 16-35 and I may miss f2.8 I am really impressed with the bit that really matters - focus and image quality. Both the EF and EF-S lenses share the same filter and lens hood which is a cash saving and a help in making the choice to stick with Canon easier. I have compared results with those I took with my long gone 5D and 16-35 and the 7D and 10-22. I have to say I cannot really see much difference other than the newer 7D body delivering images with a much nicer overall look than the 5D. Even pixel peeping. That said, I have just been selecting shots taken on my 10D back in 2003 with the 16-35. They are pretty darn good too! Anyway, thanks to all those who came up with ideas and suggestions. I am just so pleased to be able to have such a wide angle on my 7D. I will soon stop working and have a few days off for Christmas. Loads of snow and kids playing equals lots of opportunities to use my new lens.<br>

Thanks to all on this forum and happy holidays if you are lucky enough to have a few days off!</p>