Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #52

jose_angel

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Happy Festivess and Happy</p>

<h1>Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #52</h1>

<p>Todays tradition is to gather with family and friends around the "aluminum pole" and engage in the "feats of strength"<br>

Here is a micro Nikkor photo of a little critter for this weeks contribution.</p>

<div>00VKYb-203361684.jpg.62aa168f5c049b29bb177b0aacae29c6.jpg</div>

<p>Another image from my recent trip to Maui. Rock and surf were a big addictive magnet for photography, and I was looking for a different angle, something different from the big waves-crash-on-rocks images that are everywhere.</p>

<p>I found it with my 10.5mm full-frame fisheye.</p>

<p>My holiday greetings and best wishes to everyone!</p><div>00VKgM-203411584.jpg.1d7a71a2b7f037f920d3c470fd8411f0.jpg</div>

<p>I was so busy with the Jose to Matt transition in the last few days that I haven't posted an image to this week's thread.</p>

<p>Here is another image from the Falklands: a pair of Silvery Grebes (<I>Podiceps occipitalis</I>) from Sea Lion Island.<br>

The equipment was a Nikon D300S at ISO 400 and a 200-400mm/f4 AF-S VR lens at 380mm. Since there are multiple animals, I stopped down to f8 to gain a bit of depth of field and still maintained an 1/800 sec shutter speed.</p>

<p>Once again, happy holidays everyone.</p><div>00VKkW-203439584.jpg.8070a6f68aebaad28e6e35cc0cc60b43.jpg</div>

<p>

<p>A crop of beautiful images. Here are the ones that have a particular appeal for me:</p>

<p>© <strong>Gary McGhee -- the winter reflections are refined</strong><br>

<strong>© Aguinaldo de Paula -- I like the mysterious blue light inside the tend combined with the light of the sunset</strong><br>

<strong>© Alejandro Held -- you caught the moment very well</strong><br>

<strong>© </strong><strong>Kent Shafer -- interesting colors and light, and I like family heirlooms, perhaps because the century of wars, terror and emigration has left me with practically none</strong><br>

<strong>© </strong><strong>Harvey Serreze -- your snowy morning cheers me up, the sun and the shadows and the colors. Enjoy your new Sigma -- it's a good lens.</strong><br>

<strong>© </strong><a href="http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=4889141"><strong>Uzay Ki?i</strong></a><strong> -- a good capture, the geometry of the columns and steps really help.</strong><br>

<strong>© </strong><strong>Matt Laur -- a simple thing made beautiful with such a precise understanding of light!</strong><br>

<strong>© </strong><strong>Katrina Chickloski -- a great capture of the expression, the complexion of a child is right on target</strong><br>

<strong>© </strong><strong>James Kazan -- I like the colorful reflections.</strong><br>

<strong>© </strong><strong>Bryan Meadows -- look like the Monterey Plaza Hotel at Cannery Row in Monterey</strong><br>

<strong>© Andrew Kass -- looks like you took this picture while driving! A great capture!</strong></p>

<strong><br /></strong>

</p>

<p>Time for a couple of quickies.<br>

Aquinaldo P, beautiful sky shot, as usual.<br>

Sen C, Excellent Lion photo, thats about as close as you want to get.<br>

Jeannean B, beautiful.<br>

Rick D, good action shot, why did you have to smuggle the camera through ?<br>

Jennifer M, very nice Xmas card photo<br>

Greg K , only thing missing is a pair of glasses on his nose.<br>

Sanka H, very nice, well timed.<br>

James K, Just beautiful, and razor sharp as always. What lens ?<br>

Tiffany B, beautiful, as always.</p>

<p>Hope you all had a truly Merry Xmas/Holidays. Such a beautiful collection photos again! The ten(ish) pics I liked the most for one reason or another are the photos by<br>

Jose Angel (weird stuff!), Gary McGhee (love the serenity), Jana Hughes (finely executed idea), Alejandro Held (great capture), Ilkka Nissila (beautiful detail), Jeannean Buglady (I just love your macros!), Tim Holte (truly a stopping image!), Bill J Boyd (beautiful!), Sankha Hota (after the xmas, I can really relate to that photo), Epp B (there's something truly calming in your photo!) & Tiffany Brook (looks like a fun session, and it shows!).</p>

<p>Until tomorrow then!</p>