Bowens Explorer 1500w Quad 3KM Speedring for Octodome

rob_h5

<p>Hi guys,<br>

My questions is really simple. I am currently using the Bowens Explorer 1500w generator/ Quad 3K flash mini-head pack and I am trying to use a Photoflex Octodome as my light modifier. Since the Octdome is not made by Bowens does anyone know the the model speedring adapter for the Bowens Quad 3K flash head? I looked at the Photoflex adapter speedring charts and I am not sure if its the <strong>Photoflex </strong><strong>SC-9017TR or Calumet RD6210 speedring</strong>. It says it works with all the monoblocs like the Espirit, Travelite series which is great but no mention of the Quad 3km pack flash heads. Anyone familiar with Bowens flash head pack systems? Thanks in advance for your responses! -Rob</p>

<p>Did I throw a curveball here at you guys?...wasn't trying to! : p Some of you may already know, the Quad 3K flash head is Bowens standard "S-mount" if that helps. Anybody use Photoflex softboxes on these lights and know which is the best speedring adapter to use?</p>

<p>Thanks Paul! That's what I thought. Just making sure though, because the Photoflex Octodome isn't made by Bowens and there is no mention at the Photoflex website in their speedring adapter cross reference chart of the Bowens Quad 3K head (everything else they mention like the Bowens Esprit/Travelite monoblocs) . But the speedring adapter should work fine on the Octodome/ flash head.</p>