Wide angle lens

hannah_givas

<p>Hi I have Canon Xsi body, 70-200mm 2.8 IS, 50mm 1.4 and a couple of kit lens. I was going to purchase the 100mm 2.0 prime, but as I pretty much have that covered in my zoom, I am looking to buy a great, fast wide angle, for landscape, classic cars etc. Any recommendations without breaking the bank?? Interested only in Canon lens.:)</p>

<p>Thanks,<br>

Hannah</p>

<p>Matt has it right; good, fast, cheap (and wide in this case) don't really go together. The Tokina 11-16mm is probably the least expensive quality choice. The Canon 10-22mm is a great lens. I'm borrowing one myself right now to see if I want to buy a copy. It's not very fast, but I use a tripod most of the time so that's not a big concern. Since you mentioned cars, you might want to see if you can rent or borrow a wide angle, especially if it's an ultra wide, to make sure it's what you want. Shooting things up close at uber-wide focal lengths is going to result in some distortion of the subject. I'm learning that there is an art to using an ultra wide angle!</p>

<p>Not exactly wide, but I picked up a Sigma 30mm 1.4 for a fast prime for handheld flash-less indoor shots. It's a reasonably priced prime. I used it a motorcycle show with success. My "wide angle" currently is the cheapo Canon 18-55mm. I think I paid $120 for it. It's a great value and I've got great shots with it from a tripod.</p>