Midwest LF interest in free workshop?

bob_moulton7

Are there any midwestern LF photographers interested in occasional

free workshop gatherings similar to those announced by LF--ers in CA

and the east coast. Surely Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Indiana, etc. has

some LF photographers who don't spend all of their time planning

trips west and east.

Bob M

*grin* Actively interested, actually. Inspired by the enthusiasm of the West Coast folks, several Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, and Ohio LF photographers organized an outing to a state park in Indiana last month. Half a dozen made plans to attend but due to last minute issues only three made it to Turkey Run State Park in west-central Indiana.<P>

Current discussion in the rec.photo.equipment.large-format Usenet newsgroup is revolving around the timing and location for the next get-together, probably some time in October. Suggested sites so far lie in Indiana and Illinois; I'm sure that more will be suggested over the coming weeks. If anyone wants to be included in the group's mailing list, send me an e-mail with your e-mail address (msherck@aol.com). Please avoid obvious spam-like mail subject lines (such as all capital letters,) as my mail filters are rather ruthless. We also have an embryonic web site at http://www.msherck.bravepages.com. (Sorry for all the pop-ups: it's a free web host service.)<P>

That said, and while I'm an enthusiastic participant, I'm also out photographing somewhere quite often (as job and family permit.) If anyone wants to get together, drop me a quick e-mail.<P>

Mike

I was one of the three at TurkeyRun/Shades -- I live in Indianapolis. It looks like there is going to be a return trip there on Oct. 12-13. It is being "planned" on the Usenet newsgroup rec.photo.equipment.large-format. If you want to check it out, the current subject line is "LF Illinois, Indiana, Michigan".