Tethering

mvw photo

<p>I asked this on the equipment forum but no responses, and also I'll be more clear.</p>

<p>I am shooting a Santa at the mall thing tomorrow.</p>

<p>I need to tether, with the objective of showing what I shoot on the 1Ds MkIII immediately afterward on the Macbook, so clients can choose a pic from the ones I shot. How best to do this?<br>

<br /> I have Eos utility and I have the Macbook, but how do I get the images to pop up nicely so I can show them one by one, easily? Right now it takes a few steps to see them side by side - and then I need to do stuff to view the right part (I shoot vertical).<br>

<br /> Any suggestions? I am looking for a way to see them side by side "as I shoot them". Canon DPP? But then they don't show up nicely. Is one of the other Canon apps the solution?</p>

<p>Ideas very welcome. I have 24h to figure it out.</p>

<p>M</p>

<p> </p>

<p>seems like you can set EOS Utility to set a 'watched folder' on the computer and then specificially download to the computer any image that is not already downloaded. Once on the computer, you can use something like Zoombrowser (I think), Lightroom, PhotoMechanic to pickup from the watched folder.</p>

<p>Michael,<br>

I don't have a 24 hour solution for you, but in the future you may want to look into PhaseOne's Capture One Pro.<br>

It was designed originally for shooting tethered to commercial digital backs and then later expanded support to Canon DSLR.<br>

It is fast, and works at the same speed you do (no waiting). You can compare images side by side easily. It has a high quality raw processor.<br>

Like I said, not a 24 hour solution, but if you have future assignments that are going to be like this I highly recommend.<br>

Paul</p>

<p>Michael,<br>

I don't have a 24 hour solution for you, but in the future you may want to look into PhaseOne's Capture One Pro.<br>

It was designed originally for shooting tethered to commercial digital backs and then later expanded support to Canon DSLR.<br>

It is fast, and works at the same speed you do (no waiting). You can compare images side by side easily. It has a high quality raw processor.<br>

Like I said, not a 24 hour solution, but if you have future assignments that are going to be like this I highly recommend.<br>

Paul</p>

<p>That's very useful, Paul, thanks.</p>

<p>For today I wade through the EOS Utility/Image Browser morass: a mess of unintegrated and incompatible little utilities that all don't quite do it. :-) I guess maybe tomorrow I need to teach the assistant to refresh and open/close windows...:)</p>

<p>Unless of course anyone else has other ideas...</p>

<p>(OMG LOL I am turning into a teenager - I was actually <em>really</em> about to say LOL at the end there. Cut down on the facebook, Michael!)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Scott Kelby offers this:<br>

http://www.scottkelby.com/blog/2008/archives/1207</p>

<p>I'm not a big fan of C1 Pro's software except the older versions. For your money, I think you'd do better with Lightroom. The beta version of LR3 is out. I think it's free if you want to try it. </p>

<p>If you're interested in digital issues, look at Eric Zepeda's blog. He's a great tech.<br>

http://realworldworkflow.com/blog/</p>