Inexpensive Flash for Canon 20D

stephanie_w

<p>I am looking for an inexpensive flash for my Canon 20D. The EX series are out of my price range right now. I cannot find a used 420EX online anywhere for a decent price - that would be ideal. The only place that has one is Amazon and they still want $200, which is the same price as a used 430EX anyway.<br>

Are there any decent third party flashes I may consider? I'm a beginner and prefer natural lighting in most instances, but I'm tired of any indoor portraits looking too soft and grainy once I try to lighten them a little in cs4. I can upgrade later - I just really want something that I can practice bouncing, diffusing, etc and will work well with my 20D. Thanks!</p>

<p>Benjamin, I would be a little nervous trusting a product made in China... I can go up on the price a little, about $150 would be stretching me to the max though. At least Nissin is made in Japan.... maybe they're located near the Canon factory, and they just steal a bunch of old 430's and slap the Nissin sticker over them. Eh? Eh? It's a nice throught.</p>