When Will a 5D III Be Released?

jon_kobeck1

<p>I know it may be pre-mature, but I am curious if anyone has any opinions as to when an updated 5D II will more then likely be released?<br>

I ask because I will probably be ready to upgrade my 5D sometime in 2010 and thought maybe an updated version will be out. I hope they drop the video if they do</p>

<p>Well, I just polished mah crystal ball and what the frick, I see the 5DII debuted Fall 2009 and was in short supply much of that year. Great friggen scott, the 5DIII is due for release Fall 2012. It appears to be optimized for well-heeled gentleman amateurs and features 69MP, same AF array (that's all gentleman amateurs need) HD+Video, brainwave activated focus, iTunes compatibility and twin pheromone emitters to entice both small mammals and models. Oh, and it now comes in natural magnesium (with clearcoat), goth black and L series off-white. Looks like one uber sick camera!</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>I honestly dont know why everybody complains of the intregration of video on DSLR's. I mean all were doing is using technology to add tools to our bags. If you dont use it then fine. But honestly complaining about the advancement in cameras by going to video capability is like complaining about the advancement in going to digital from film. I for one am just fine with it all, and am looking to pick up a Mk2 in the next month or so. I am looking forward to integrating my creative video side as well as my still photo side.</p>

<p>If only the 5D2 was better than my 20D I'd upgrade like a shot...</p>

<p>Seriously though, the 20 still has a faster frame rate than the 5D2 and when I lay out all that cash (plus the extra to buy a PC capable of managing the x2.5+ file size differential) I'd like to feel the new camera was better in <em>all</em> respects. Oh well, roll on 2011 then!</p>

<p>If only the 5D2 was better than my 20D I'd upgrade like a shot...</p>

<p>Seriously though, the 20 still has a faster frame rate than the 5D2 and when I lay out all that cash (plus the extra to buy a PC capable of managing the x2.5+ file size differential) I'd like to feel the new camera was better in <em>all</em> respects. Oh well, roll on 2011 then!</p>

<p><em><strong>"If only the 5D2 was better than my 20D I'd upgrade like a shot...Seriously though, the 20 still has a faster frame rate than the 5D2</strong><strong>"</strong></em><br>

<strong><em></em></strong><br>

Wow, you're right. I had better cancel my pre-order for the upcoming $8000 30MP 1Ds Mk4 since it only has a frame rate of 4.5fps. I have no idea what I was thinking. I'll stick with my 20D because it shoots at 5fps.<br>

<em></em></p>