Merry Christmas to me!

<p>Just wanted to show off.. He's finally here!! This is my NEW Kodak Signet 50! Basically literally new!! It was a display camera from an old photography shop estate is what I am told. The condition is amazing! Aside from being a bit dusty, it's new! I know I over paid a little but how awesome is it that I can say I am the original owner of him? Everything is in perfect working order! I was most worried about the exposure meter but it's fine. This is an awesome pick-me-up after having all the issues with my Signet 40.</p><div>00VE2t-199687684.jpg.b7125cdb88b1cf161c6b8381f9b3fe78.jpg</div>

<p>Thank you! I already have a roll of cheap-o color film in there to test him out. I have taken only one test shot today with it to see if a flash adapter I purchased worked which it did. The rest of the day was spent cleaning it and making sure everything worked right.<br>

I am on the hunt for some flash bulbs to try them out too! I'll be going down to B&H either tomorrow or next week and then I'll have some real opportunity to use it! Can't wait! I'll be sure to post the photos when they are developed.</p>

<p>Hey did you know that with flash bulbs you have to have the shutter speed set to 1/50 , but if you were to use and adapter and hook an electronic flash to it , it would be synced at all speeds. I got an adapter from online , but also made one easily too, since i have many Signets i needed more than one.<br>

I have this exact camera and have been using it on and off for the last 2 years. I like the built in flash meter but not the lack of Range focus and only a Zone focus; so i switched to using my Signet 40 more, Which has no built in light meter but a ranger finder focus. My pictures with the signet 50 are often blurry when I'm taking photos of things closer to me , and with the Signet 40 , focus is always on. I also have 2 Signet 30's which are the same as the Signet 50 but without the meter. I keep one in my glove box all the time just in-case i may need it. And its nice to know that the cold winters wont really affect these mechanical beauties from working.</p>

<p>dan Mar - No I didn't know that. I haven't had the proper chance to read the manuals for the camera and flash. I only skimmed through the camera manual (I'm swamped with work right now). I knew that the 50 would not have a range finder. I figured it would be an opportunity to improve my skills. I guess we will see what happens. I would prefer my Signet 40 over the 50 but she's not working right now and I'll need to figure out how to fix her, if not I'll need to replace her :(<br>

John G. - Ha, I don't know I just started calling it he. I guess I get a male vibe from my 50, while I call my 40 gives me a she vibe!<br>

John C. - I'll message you!<br>

Russ - I can't wait, I have never used flash bulbs before. Hopefully I get some by Christmas!<br>

I'll post the photo. I have been taking pictures here and there but probably won't get a real chance to take some photos until after my semester is over. However, I'll be making a trip out to B&H this week so maybe I'll get to finish off the roll while downtown.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>You think YOU are fortunate?<br>

Well I wonder if that little Signet fellow knows just how lucky HE is!<br>

Because quite honestly Liana, I don't think it could have gone to a better new owner. Congratulations and Merry Christmas from Norway.<br>

Cheers, Kevin</p>

• 4 weeks later...
<p>QUESTION??? -- now the (proud?) owner of a Wisner 4x5 field camera - vintage 1999 - has not been shot in 5 years -- looks pretty but...-- where can I find a manual so I can find out whether or not I made a mistake. First-timer in the field of LF -- have been a meduim format kind of guy for 30+ years -- now it might just be the time to join the other dinosaurs out there. Thanx.</p>