is it good to buy tamron or sigma 70-300 lens?

roccat_eleven

<p>I bought my first DSLR camera(D60) in May'09 and after ~6 months used it only with kit lens,now i want to buy a<br>

new lens and my choice is 70-300 but i dont have much money to buy a nikkor lens so im gonna pick 70-300<br>

from sigma or tamron. I want to ask, is it good to buy 70-300 sigma or tamron lens? please tell me the details..<br>

thanks....</p>

<p>I am not sure if this will help or not, but will try to share my experience on decision of 70-300mm lens. I was debating the same for couple of weeks, which one to buy? I read most of the reviews/comments available on Sigma and Tamron 70-300mm and found ppl who bought Sigma they were happy with it and ppl who bought Tamron they were happy with that.</p>

<p>Advantage of Tamron is sharpness, contrast color etc... and autofocus is slow (I have used Tamron 18-200mm earlier and I liked the color, sharpness) whereas Sigma's autofocus is fast and colors are little soft (this is my understanding and my opinion) ... after much debate with myself I spent more money and bought Nikon 70-300mm VR and it's been few days and happy with it.</p>

<p>To add on it... at 300mm focal length on crop body shutter speed should be faster then 1/500, so in low light it will be difficult without tripod/monopod. I was able to take pictures at 1/8s @ 70mm and 1/13s @ 300mm non-moving objects using 70-300mm VR and came out really nice.</p>

<p>I hope this helps.</p>

<p>Ray</p>

<p>You may want to check to see if the Tamron has the built-in motor for Nikon AF-S required D60. I don' think the Tamron has that feature. On the Sigma, only the latest has AF-S feature so you still have to make sure in case the store has old stock. Without the in lens motor (AF-S), there is no auto focus.</p>

• 4 months later...