AF Nikkor lens adaptable to which Nikon DSLRs?

dspindle

<p>I have a AF Nikkor 35-70 zoom and a AF Nikkor 70-210 zoom. They've been used with the old Nikon 2020 35mm camera. Will these lenses work on a new Nikon D40? What digital slr Nikon bodies will they work with? <br>

Any help would be greatly appreciated...I love these lenses and would love to be able to use them with a new digital Nikon slr.<br>

Thanks!</p>

<p>They will work in all metering and exposure modes with ALL Nikon digital SLR bodies. However they are manual focus only on the D40/60/3000/5000 series bodies. On all others (current and discontinued) they are 100% compatible. As Michael Kohan noted, if you want autofocus compatibility, you need to step up to the D90 in the current DSLR lineup.</p>

<p>This forum is great. Thanks for the prompt and very helpful responses! At the risk of taking advantage...I'd like to ask for more help. I'm looking to upgrade to a Nikon slr without spending to much. Even an older Nikon would be fine. I don't know if I should sell everything, or try to hang on to my two lenses and make them fit something. Here is what I have:<br>

Nikon 2020 with two AF Nikkor lenses (35-70 and 70-210)<br>

Olympus E-10 (the original).<br>

While the E-10 has served me well and has a ton of features, I believe my phone has more megapixels these days!<br>

Thanks again for all your help!</p>

<p>Dave where do you live? If in the US try the larger stores like KEH dealing with second hand cameras and lenses. I see e.g. a used D70 EX+ for 275$ there. The D70 is a nice simple body with a good sensor and a poor viewfinder :-)</p>

<p>I personally would try to get a good deal for a new camera at this time of the year. You may pay only two times this price for a better camera with a warranty. Considering that electronics will not last as long as mechanical Nikon cameras and that two new batteries my cost part of the difference between new and used you can decide what is better for you.</p>

<p>Your lenses are nice lenses. If the 35-70mm f2.8 is not fogged inside (some older ones do show signs of that) it is great lens. And the tele zoom is a decent lens.<br>

You are aware about the effect of the cropping factor of the DX format? You would need a wide lens in addition to what you own.</p>

<p>Walter,<br>

Thank you. I live in S.Calif. The D70 looks good, and is also the most affordable option for me. <br>

No, I wasn't aware of a cropping factor...is this something that only happens if I use my older Nikkor lenses?<br>

Thanks again for the help from all of you...great Site!</p>