Photo manipulation

aaron_flores

<p>What country are you in? How quickly will you be working - meaning, is this something you think you can get done in two hours, or will it take two weeks by the time you've been back and forth over the logo design, etc? <br /><br />A reasonable price is one that they will pay. Have they told you what their budget is for this? Do they need you to drop everything else you're doing right now, or is this a bid for something a month from now? Have you seen the material that you need to work on, so that you know what's involved - or will you have to get the job done no matter what they hand you? Will they get to approve the work before you can get paid, even after you've handed the work over to them? <br /><br />Without having any details to do go on, you can see how it would be difficult to even guess what to tell you. Charge more than you think you should, because the project will involve more than you think it will.</p>

<p>Ok see this is why I post here get so many good responses. So I'm in Arizona, USA the client lives in the czech republic for a fashion company he personally is indeed well off. The photsos aren't mind they are fashion photos. I haven't gotten to many details as of yet from the client but now I know I have questions I need to ask him first. I would say it would probably take me a week the longest part being the logo design of course. I haven't seen any of the photos yet so I'll ask to see one photo first I suppose to get a better idea of things. As far as I know it isn't super urgent.<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>hmm thats a good point. I met the guy via facebook I did google his company which was legit. He's a guy I've been networking with giving tips back and forth for the past couple of months. I asked him about payment he sugguested western union or a money gram.</p>

<p>In my limited experience, there is a lot of back-and-forth on logo design. Break the job into tasks, and estimate the time involved in each. For instance, plan on a half day to do four "sketches" for the client's review. Then plan on two hours for listening to client input and delivering modified sketches. And so on. <br>

You task list becomes your proposal. I suggest one proposal for the logo and a separate proposal for the image manipulation. Ask for a pre-paid retainer, with subsequent payments on reaching certain milestones. Be sure to establish ownership of the sketches and final logo design.<br>

If there is no way to estimate project time, sell professional services at an hourly rate. Still, especially since you don't have a working relationship, insist on a pre-paid retainer.</p>

<p> </p>

Why do so many people think that a potential customer being in another country is most likely a scam?

Because world trade is a banking scam.Identity fraud is a common factor and so is the dummy company, the sweeteners, and everything dishonourable about it. The local customer you can threaten at gunpoint which is the only legal and safe way of guarnteing payment.

<p>Steve -</p>

<p>Umm....because when I hear of someone from another country wanting me to do work which they could very easily have done locally - I get scared...really scared... Then you throw in the Western Union / Moneygram thing and I get terrified.</p>

<p>This could be legit - but no business that I'm aware of is going to suggest Western Union as a payment method. Period. I do some retouching business with a gentleman in India - I pay him per job via Paypal. There are other ways to do payments than Western Union.</p>

<p>And a further reason - is that we all know at least one person that has gotten taken by someone via the foriegn sale, or Western Union scam.</p>

<p>Dave</p>

<p> </p>

<p>"Why do so many people think that a potential customer being in another country is most likely a scam?"<br>

.<br>

Because looking at the skills - model, photographer, whatever, of the person in question, it is ALWAYS very unlikely that someone 5,000 miles away is not able to find someone as or more skilled in there local market, and that they were somehow so astounded by this person thousands of miles away that it is worth the trouble to deal with them. Sounds like the OP was lured into an online relationship with the goal of lowering guards and eventually getting him to participate in the scam. There is NO reason some guy in the Czech Republic would pick someone randomly in Arizona to do work like this, especially when Eastern Europeans are know as a source for cheap outsourcing.</p>

<p>"The local customer you can threaten at gunpoint which is the only legal and safe way of guarnteing payment."</p>

<p>Clearly my business practices are way too mild and low key! I was completely unaware that threatening people at gunpoint is, in fact, a "legal and safe" way of getting paid! </p>