CLA for Retina IIa

<p>This is my first posting and I have followed with much interest to the kind nature that is shown to each other when in need of advice to fix a problem. I hope someone will help me with my Retina IIa. I have collected for years and always been thrilled when a bargain came along. I got this IIa for $13.50 at a antique mall in Indiana. It is in fantastic shape. I reset the counter and all was well. But, it is in need of a CLA as most of the 30 plus cameras that I have. Is there a site showing where and how to do this on a IIa ? I am retired now and have loads of time for my collection. Thanks for any advice, Bob Giles</p>

<p>Robert -</p>

<p>I have an inherited IIa, with Xenon lens. When given to me it had serious problems, lens fungus, corrosion under the leathers and a slow to respond focus mechanism in viewfinder. I sent it to a tech that restored it perfectly, it now has been used for nearly five years with zero problems, looks great and works in excellent manner. Superb lens, sharp as can be. I have since used this same technician for Leica, Hasselblad, Rolleiflex, Minolta and Nikon service, CLA's to major overhauls. I recommend him highly, fine workmanship, fair pricing and fast turn.</p>

<p> Ross Yerkes Camera<br>

342 Kirby, Los Angeles, California. 90042<br>

(323) 256-1018</p>

<p>Good luck with your Retina, you'll love the quality of images.</p>

<p>Patrick</p>