Returning to the business

nt_bro

<p>I have seen the Hasselblade Digital Back on the Hasselblade 503CW at the photo-fare in Bangkok when I visited the place on 26th of Nov. , I did have the money to buy it but I did not like the idea as when I bought my Hasselblade cameras, I wanted them for films along with my other system.<br>

I feel so sorry to turn a medium format camera into digital, why not keep shooting films, why not learning processing films, why not try making large prints out of films, yestrday with all of the limitted resource I have here, I did process 3 120 B/W films my self at the Hotel Tilet and turned all ok, so it was not too long to see the result of my camera this time><br>

Who says Hasselbalde are not good for wedding ?, we say in qatar " the person who could not reach the graps on the _ he would say the graps are soor " ! ( the grapes I mean those small red and yellow fruits, which some times they make wine out of them.</p>

<p>My friends, I wish you a Merry Christmas and very Happy and Peaceful New Year, and wish photo.net the same.</p>

<p><strong><em>"IMO the only reason that 35mm is the 'standard' for wedding work these is because there are so many people jumping into the wedding business . . . etc"</em></strong><br>

<br>

I disagree. The Wedding Photography Business has undergone massive changes over the past 10 years. <br>

<br>

Style; Quantity Output for later Selection and Post Production; Speed and Response to Informal Capture; Available Light Capture . . . are just some of the several elements driving the business in various areas around the world. Not to mention all the “expert” writers advising the Brides on what they should be seeking and how they should ask the Photographer “What equipment do you use?” Which in turn creates an expectation within the Client, to see a large DSLR, most likely a "C". <br>

(I note Marc Williams' comment re using a Leica and it appearing as a P&S to some Clients. . . his Master Series . . . read it - it is at the top of this Forum)<br>

<br>

The 135 format provides all of this and more . . . and to 24 x 20 inch print. . . . which we don’t sell that many of now at all.<br>

<br>

I would however agree that an entry level (or just above) APS-C format DSLR and the kit lens provides the ill-informed and ignorant a very easy thought, as to how they might: “make a few $ "doing Wedding Photos"<br>

<br>

WW </p>

<p > </p>

<p>NT--when you post an image on the forum, please follow the guidelines. An image should be 700 pixels in width or less, and less than 100 kbytes. Always add a caption, or the image does not show up in the thread. When you have multiples, it may be easier to combine them into one image.</p><div>00VAKH-197509584.jpg.e76b2e8f6aa0e0f7adfc5453383e29fa.jpg</div>