Fuji 680 with fuji 50mm lens

leo_maniace2

<p>i currently shoot landscapes with a pentax67II and a 45mm lens. i would like tilt capability of the fuji 680 with the 50mm lens. Can anyone tell me if the field of view with the 680 and 50mm is the same as the pentax67II and its 45mm lens. how is the image quality of the fuji 50mm with regard to edge sharpness?<br>

thanks</p>

<p>If I recall correctly the 50mm has only limited movements. Danny Burk is one you could ask...</p>

<p>http://www.dannyburk.com/fuji_gx680iii.htm</p>

<p>"The 50mm, despite its great size, is the only lens in the lineup that cannot be used in conjunction with full available movements due to its smaller image circle. It will vignette if shifted more than 9mm, or if tilted excessively; making this worse, the full image is never visible due to the camera's mirror/body construction, meaning that vignetting is impossible to determine without shooting a Polaroid!"</p>

<p><br /> </p>

<p>I have used the GX680 for landscapes and although it is an excellent system, it weighs a ton and the lenses are huge and sometimes very heavy. The 65mm I had weighed almost 1 kg!Same goes for the rollfilm holders etc. Not a problem when you don't venture too far from your car but when you go hiking, you want something else.<br>

I recently bought a Crown Graphic 4x5. Bigger image format, less weight. It is a 5 minute conversion to have forward tilt instead of the standard rear tilt and you can do this conversion yourself. You may not want large format but get a camera with a graflok back and you can use all kinds of roll film holders, from 6x6 to 6x12. The widest lens you can use on the Crown is 65mm on a flat lens board though movements are then very limited if they exist at all.</p>

<p>I wasn't really impressed with 50mm overall sharpness. Could be better. Maybe it was just my particular item that wasn't properly assembled after cleaning, who knows...<br>

And the vignetting issues ARE real. Once I forgot to check the position of the front unit and the resulting image had a good 15-20% cut out of top in an arc shape. So don't expect to go to extremes with that lens.</p>