Charis Wilson

gsphotoguy

<p>Bless you , Mark , for noting this wonderful life and how it touches us , those who love beauty and photography . Last September my wife and I visited San Francisco and went down the Coast , fell in love with Santa Cruz and wandered the Sur Coastline . How close were we to Charis ! And what a wonderful obit in the NYT ... I cut it out to save in my photography books . I need the inspiration . And I wonder what she would have done with a Sarah Lawrence degree as opposed to attaching to Weston's star . It sounds as if he would have been lost without her ... sort of a Scott Fitzgerald and his Zelda . Would I have run into her at the locals coffee/breakfast nook on the pier , oh my ! What an experience we have all lost now . </p>

<p>I talked to her once a few years ago - on the phone. She seemed very nice with no apparent "head problems". Now I wish I had seen her and talked to her in person. I admired her candor and intelligence. I hope she's in a good place now.</p>

<p>Joe Faust</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>Just now finding this post...and surprised to not see more of a response. I had just finished watching the Ovation documentary on her life with Weston (for about the twentieth time)...and now, so sad to hear of her passing. What a stunningly beautiful woman...only surpassed (perhaps) by her strength and spunk. </p>