AGAIN THE blown RED CHANNEL?

j.art.photo.

<p>These are just tools, UniWB is another tool or method, Just use each of them when you need them. I did not know about UniWB until this tread. Will I use it? Yes! Will I use it always? NO! I understand there are situations where you want to have the right WB in camera, like when you are using mixed lighting to see the effect of different color sources, or when your client wants to see the image, as some people said.<br>

I personally couldn´t care less of the WB in camera since I only shoot in RAW and I don´t even show any picture to anybody until it is post processed<br>

Some people say that shooting jpeg and not PP is like shooting slides. I do not agree at all. It is the sheer quallity of slides that made you trade some of the advantages of PP.<br>

Anyway, no mather what tool or process you prefer, next time you get a blown out red, don´t blame it to the camera, it is probably your fault.</p>

<p>"It is basic, fundamental, and critical to understand for anyone that takes photography serious enough to be on this website and this forum."</p>

<p>That's a bit harsh.</p>

<p>I don't shoot digital, at this time. I don't think about "color space". I think about what slide film or print film to shoot with. Do I want the Fuji look or the Kodak look ? Do I want natural or vivid colors ? That about it. In a way, that is a color "space" consideration, if you want to draw a comparison. However, it's a set it and forget it sort of thing.</p>

<p>I wonder how many people, when they buy a DSLR for the first time, actually thought how much fun it's going to be, to load up all the "photos" they took in PhotoShop and fix them to be what they were trying to get in the first place ?</p>

<p>What percentage of shot actually NEED to be post processed a great deal versus ones that are just fine ?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Steinar,<br>

If is not broken why fix it? do what works for you, I know photographers and retouchers that use a bigger color profile for PP and some that don't, some use UNIWB some don't, some ETTR like me and I happen to find UNIWB to help on situations where reds can be blown or even skin tones. IF you remember UNIWB is just another WB profile, just like "sunny" tungsten"shadows"kelvin" etc, etc, and can be selected in case you need it. I see no reason to use it all the time.<br>

work the way you like and by your standards, this was posted to help the people who often encounter the problem of Blown reds and want to know a work around, also the use of a BIgger color profile would help in many cases like<strong> Francisco Disilvestro </strong> pointed before.<br>

There are many people that ignore the basics of PP and the way the camera works and then blame the systems they use for their lack of technique.</p>