How Good Hasselblade Cameras Are

rashed

<p>Rashed, I would also like to share with you that when I did industrial photography, I occasionally had some of these problems. It's very important to make sure there is no residue of any kind on any of the optical surfaces. I used to use a high quality piece of hand picked pure chamois, very soft, and with a few huffs of breath would clear all the optical surfaces. I never found any cleaner that didn't leave a residue. Of course I never cleaned anything really dirty, I would use alcohol or cleaner first, then a huff of breath and chamois to clear. Even a small amount of residue will increase the fogging effect. I have used both the Bronica and Hasselblad systems, and as already indicated any of the modular systems will suffer this problem. Perhaps also you could use some light weight painting low-stick masking tape to tape around the areas wher body meets any part to lower the airflow, I think this would help, although tedious. As for any undue rudeness going on, I agree we can do better at times, but usually it's pretty civil on here. Enjoy your Hassie, they are great machines.</p>

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Thank you a lot my friend <a href="http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=70549">Dave Wilson</a>, I did learn the leson from all of you, I will practice it to the maximum limit , other wise I would have just spoiled you people valuable time to help me.<br>

My friend, there was no harm been made at all, infact all been too kind and polite and I do approciate that my friend.<br>

My friend <a href="http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=70549">Dave Wilson</a> thank you and many thanks to all of you and to photo.net.</p>

<p>I ran into this problem on a smaller scale in southern China with my Nikon. I have not been to Thailand, so I can't compare the climate, but it helped somewhat to leave my bag just a little bit open when going out so that the contents would warm up faster but not so fast that condensation would develop.<br>

Usually however I'm working out in the cold. One of the biggest condensation problems there is that if my breath hits the viewfinder or my glasses it will cause fog that takes a while to disappear.</p>

<p>I live in Louisiana where it is hot and humid. I cannot drive in my car with air conditioning on and then get out and shoot. It takes forever for an air conditioned camera to re-climatize to hot humid conditions. So, when I go out to shoot, I just don't run the A/C. The camera, the car and me are all hot and sweaty, but not fogged...</p>

<p> I have never understood the rudeness that can be brought out in these threads. Certainly Rashed Abdulla knows his way around a camera. His pictures are fantastic and he is obviously a talented young man. Since he has experienced problems with his camera I would think that maybe thoughtful and intelligent explanations would be in order. All equipment can and will fail to provide adequate service at some point. The question is does a Hassy have a high rate of failure or is it a rare and unusual occurance. I am shopping for a Medium format myself and I am very interested in what I should purchase. I was not thinking of a 6x6 however.</p>

<p>Ross b..... this is a great thread, is it not? In regards your query....just this morning I bought a 'new' Pentax 67 and prism from KEH. I started out, years ago, with a cheap Pentax 35...went to a Pentax 645, and then eventually up to a 67ii. The 67ii took beautiful images when it worked. Unfortunately, over the years the electronics on the 67ii kept failing, prompting expensive trips to the shop. So I finally bit the bullet and went retro with the older Pentax 67. I also ordered a brightscreen to brighten up the notoriously dark viewfinder. Just thought I'd post my 2 cents worth and recommend a Pentax 67 system. You could certainly do worse!<br>

And in regards our friend Rashed....I grew up in New Orleans, one of the most humid spots in the U.S. I learned early on what happens to optics and electronics when you take something from an air-conditioned room into the humid air....</p>

<p> <br>

</p>

<p>Brian I am considering the Pentax 67 among others. I am hoping it works out for you very well. I just need to go see how they look and feel in person for myself. Voightlander has a new folder camera out that looks very interesting but it's over $2000.00. I also would like to see the Mamiya rb67 as you can buy a new body for $799.00. They say it's big but I need to heft it one time to see if it's out of the question. I live on the West Coast and the humidity is fairly pleasant year round. I did live in the South for a couple years in the Army and had no camera problems back then from the humidity.. I had a Yashica Rangefinder at that time. I personally had a hard time with the humidity. It seemed insufferable to me. But I suppose you toughen up after a while.</p>