Software for generating model personal web sites

bennett_griffin

<p>I have photographed a couple of models who want me to creat a personal web site to display their photos. I'm familiar with prodcuts such as shozam that are great for photographers but don't seem well adapted for models. Can someone give me some suggestions on software products that are will suited for model perosnal websites?<br>

Thanks!</p>

<p>I'm unable to trial test Shozam because I'm on a Mac, but as for a model-specific site almost any program that displays photos would seem to be appropriate. It really comes down to how you want the photos displayed; click-on thumbnails, automatic rotation through a selection of photos, etc. If you have even basic HTML/CSS programing skills you should have no problem creating a custom Home page for each model with links to a gallery of photos or multiple galleries if photographs need to be categorized.</p>

<p>From a business standpoint you may even want to offer two or more levels of websites; think good, better, best. Good of course being bare-bones basic and best including whatever bells and whistles you might want to offer, such as an email contact form, etc. Include registering domain names and hosting for them in all your services. In other words be a one-stop-shop. Check-out models websites to see what they offer. And do include a discrete link on their websites to your website as the photographer.</p>

<p>SlideShowpro might have all you are looking for and is extensively customizable and has a LightRoom Plugin option that allows you to create your galleries and upload to your host from the LightRoom interface. <br>

slideshowpro.net<br>

I use it and its very dynamic and looks great.<br>

Hope it helps</p>

<p>Bennett,</p>

<p>Based upon your requirements you might want to take a look at Smugmug and similar offerings. Or you could build it yourself with a Flash gallery and separate pages for your other requirements. You may also want search the Weddings & Events postings on Photo.net for other website providers. Many wedding photographers have the same requirements for a site as you do.</p>

<p>http://www.photo.net/wedding-photography-forum/</p>