No Tamron 60mm f2 for Pentax

doug_nelson3

<p>We already know that. I'd buy this lens, if it was available for Pentax. To have the equivalent 90mm portrait focal length with f2 for easier focusing with real 1:1 macro, would meet a lot of my needs. Think this will ever happen? Tamron makes this for Sony and not for us? It should be easy to do, as we have Shake Reduction in the camera body. A screw drive for the autofocus shouldn't be that hard to do.<br>

There's a complicated work-around, the 60mm Leica R macro mated to a Pentax body with the Leitax adapter. For all that expense and bother, you'd get an f 2.8 max aperture, no 1:1 macro without tubes and no auto focus when you need it. Still trying to figure out who to write to at Tamron. </p>

<p>Word is that Tamron is partially owned by Sony (at least, Sony is re-branding a lot of Tamron lenses, e.g. the 28-75/2.8 XR). So they would not be so interested in supporting a rival's platform (Tokina is the Pentax sister company, witness the 12-24 DA and the 50-135 DA).</p>

<p>Also.. Sony now has a bigger market share than Pentax.</p>

<p>While Orlando's conspiracy theory may be true, I don't see Pentaxians leaving the flock en masse to switch to Sony in order to use this Tamron lens. I say: give it time; surely Tamron wants to make money from us. This lens would be a big seller amongst Pentaxians, as we have nothing similar; the DA 70 is 1/2 stop slower and not a macro; the FA 50 macro is a full stop slower, and 10mm shorter (and probably more expensive); the DA* 55mm is 2 stops faster (good for portraits), but not macro. Yes, the Tammy 60mm f/2 macro would be a great multipurpose lens, and I already see the threads popping up all over the forums: <em>Should I buy the 77 Ltd or the Tammy 60mm?</em></p>

<p><em>Manual focus of course...for the manly man.</em></p>

<p>Well there's the Helios-44-2 58mm f/2 as well. Manual focus, for the manly man. :-)</p>

<p>The Pentax 50mm macro is $420. This one is $570. So unless Pentax is killing off all their non-DA lenses which will result in astronomical prices..</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I'm serious, guys! If you want this lens, let Tamron know that you want it. There's a good chance that they will listen. Kodak wasn't going to release Ektar 100 in medium format, but lots of photographers e-mailed Kodak and requested it, and now it's available.</p>

<p>Unless we let them know that we exist and that we want their products, there's a good chance that their next new lens won't be available in Pentax mount either. We, as Pentaxians, need to speak up and make ourselves known. Heaven knows that Pentax isn't going to do that for us. ;-)</p>