An eye for photography.

<p>Nicely written. But I want to think it's more than practice or passion.<br>

I'm an amateur. And an occasional shooter.<br>

I think "An eye for photography" is a valid notion.<br>

I think it has to do partly with pre-visualization, partly with knowing the equipment on hand, and partly editing (or choice of image for the final presentation).<br>

I would say I want to have "an eye for photography", in that from my choice of subject to my "final" print choice, I have gotten "close enough".<br>

For me, as long as I get "close enough" occasionally, I'm okay, and to me, "my eye for photography" is okay.<br>

I would not want to worry about not practicing or knowing enough, or having the best equipment, or even the right light. If the picture's there before me, I just want to go for it. Seems to me fear of failure ruins my fun. Photography needs to be done to be enjoyed.<br>

I guess I believe there are some photographers without discipline or resources who have taken and will continue to take gripping images. And there are some with everything whose images are lacking.<br>

Is a requirement for photography "an eye for photography"? I hope not.<br>

Recently I read this -<br>

"Any art or skill is possessed by those who have formed the habit of operating according to it's rules. This is the way the artist or crafsman in any field differs from those who lack his skill."<br>

"How to Read a Book" by Mortimer Adler and Charles Van Doren, copyright 1972.<br>

Does "an eye for photography" include how to read a photograph?<br>

I think we need to remember the audience.</p>