Strange ghostings, what is it?

igord

<p>Almost certainly a light leak, possibly the foam seals need replacing? If the dark patch extends right across the frame, including the sprocket hole area, then light leaking is the culprit.<br>

Light leaks will vary according to the intensity of the ambient light, or the camera orientation. Check your seals, if they are on the way out they will be all gooey, and bits will come away easily. This is an easy fix by yourself or a repairman.</p>

<p>Thanks Tony and Stuart. I inspected the camera carefully and discovered...... a small hole in the shutter! It seems to me that if I advance film quickly it doesn't harm at all but during slow film advnace it makes its "trade mark"!</p>

<p>Igor, I have a F1N with a teeny tiny hole in the shutter curtain but so far no problem. What tape did you use to patch the curtain? BTW, I bought a light seal kit on eBay and refoamed the camera myself, as a matter of fact I had enough to do several bodies with foam left over. I purchased it from Interslice for $10, well worth it.<br>

Mark</p>

<p>Mark, thanks for the info. I checked my sealings and they don't look good. I will shoot a test roll tomorrow to see if camera leaks.<br>

Actually I was making a story for a mag in the mood of seventies, so I wanted to work with Canon and use Olympus OM as a prop, day before I did a test roll with Canon just in case.... in the end Canon was a prop and I worked with OM ;)<br>

I used Pattex strong black tape, looks like gaffer's tape.</p>

• 2 weeks later...