Site Navigation

konrad_bilinski1

<p>What's your reasoning for another window/tab to open when you click wedding?</p>

<p>I am a web designer and this is what I learned... if it's still on your page, make all the pages look the same and not open up a new window (or have the URL set to _blank) if you click on a menu option/link within the body/content. If you're linking to another site outside of your website, for example from your site to photo.net, then you should do a _blank.</p>

<p>Also, for the gallery, check this out: http://www.flashgallery.org/<br>

It's free and it's not super hard to set up (at least when I used it some years ago for a client).</p>

<p>Konrad, I found there to be too many clicks to get to your portfolio. And once on that page, the portfolio galleries (wedding, trash the dress, etc.) were not the main navigation items on the portfolio page. I also found the giant text and arrow instructing me to scroll-to-the-right not what I would have expected. The images loaded slowly and it was difficult to scroll and view images as others continued to load. The images also need to be separated with a gap. When I got to the last image there was no navigation to return me to wherever it is you want a viewer to go. I knew I had to close the browser window displaying your images; don't assume all prospective clients know to do this.</p>

<p>I am not a professional coder or designer, but I'll make a couple suggestions you can take or leave as you wish. First of all your photos are very good and interesting. I can understand the right-to-left image display; it's different and anything you can do to positively differentiate yourself is good. There are free javascript programs which will scroll timed images with only minor interaction by the viewer. I put a link to one below, and if you search Google you'll find others. For your portfolio page consider a static left side column with a labeled thumbnail of one image for each gallery. Your visitor clicks on a thumbnail and your gallery of those images begins displaying and automatically rotating right-to-left within a frame to the right of the column. The static thumbnail column is always visible preventing "what do I do now" confusion on the part of your prospect. The only navigation link I would think you would need in the thumbnail column would be to Main/Home.</p>

<p>http://www.latenight-coding.com/mootools/classes/qscroller.html</p>

<p>One other minor navigation suggestion for you; remove the link to Main from your Main page. After all, if I'm already on that page, what's the point of a link to it?</p>

<p>Thanks guys, I definately need a flash gallery. I have used fireworks to create one but I was really unhappy with the results. I orginally paid someone to create this site about a year ago, and I'm now tweaking the problems people have brought up. I will try both the scroller and a flash gallery and see which one looks better.</p>

<p>Cheers,<br>

Konrad</p>