HELP! destroyed memory card with brides images

repipe

<p>Ken, do you have any children? I have mildly autistic twin boys (very smart but with cognitive issues) and you would not <em>believe </em> what a halloween party full of children can get into before anyone notices! My twins could likely get into a bank vault if left unsupervised for five minutes, and it's hard to watch everyone when there is a houseful.</p>

<p>I would advise any professional from any field to keep critical items in a gun safe or other strongly locked-up place when there are children around.</p>

<p>Re, you have my sympathy!</p>

<p>After re-reading the original post, I'm confused that evidently not all the cards were loaded onto the computer. That's another lesson to be learned for the orginal poster. As another stated, until all cards are uploaded (<strong>and </strong>backups made) the cards not uploaded should have been stored under more secure conditions.</p>

<p>some pictures were recoverable, but not all. <br>

yes, it was a lesson learned. Thank you for the information from the people who attempted to help solve the problem, rather than focus on the cause. You were most helpful.<br>

The bride was more than happy with having a family session as compensation for her family group shot that was lost. It was determined the card was probably a crappy one anyway, because apparently the information should have been recoverable.<br>

btw, Kurt: My friends cousins children broke into her onsuite bathroom and swallowed her contact lenses. They were playing tea party. She wore an expensive specialty toric lens due to an eye problem, that at the time took a month to order in, and had to wear her old bottlecap glasses with the tape on the side. (Like the loving friend I was, I called her Harry Potter for ages...lol!) Kids can get into everything, including locked offices.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>My twins could likely get into a bank vault if left unsupervised for five minutes</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I seriously doubt this. I do appreciate the comically anecdotal reference, but any decent safe or vault will protect against children if it is properly secured. A good key safe can be purchased for less than $50. If I was worried about memory cards or other valuables being destroyed by rampant children (if that was a regular occurance in my house), I would consider it my professional duty to keep certain valuables sufficiently protected from the hazards of being in my home. When I was a kid, my brothers and I could get into any place in the house, regardless of how well protected, with one exception: my parents' fire safe. It would have taken some serious time (easily a couple of hours) and some seriously destructive tools (hammers, chisels, saws) to even make a dent in that thing.</p>

• 9 months later...
<p>Similar thing happens me when my 32 GB SD with 1300 photos from my holiday was not recognizable in any reader or camera. As best solution I have found Recoverfab WEB page card-recovery.biz/us/service.php They rescued all of my photos.</p>