Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #45

jose_angel

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Great shots as usual. I started out jotting down a comment or two on the pictures that stood out for me....but ended up with way too many to actually comment. So, I repeat, great shots every one.</p>

<p>It is cold and rainy here in SE Ohio today, I was cooped up inside working the last week, so my submission is from several weeks ago. Looking out towards the back 40 of our farm where some of our sheep were grazing. This is my first ever cropped picture that I've posted on PN.</p>

<p>I don't usually get to view WedNEsDAy PiC on Wednesday because of my work schedule. But, I always check it out the first chance I get when I do get broadband access at work (dial-up only at home). I am always impressed with the vision and the variety of the submissions. Every Wednesday is truly a world tour.</p>

<p>Mark</p><div>00UvgN-187215584.JPG.948fb160a61e7f603336edef3b1479bd.JPG</div>

<p>As usual the photos are tremendous. I learn so much from all of you. I have been playing with my 105 2.5 ais and am again amazed at the photos. This is a photo of an autumn vineyard in Sonoma County, CA Taken with D70s with an old Nikno 75-300 AF. HDR from 3 images.</p><div>00Uvhp-187235684.jpg.8974476edc9ca986cbcea14cc70da49a.jpg</div>

<p>Lovely, lovely pictures! Those that really caught my eyes are the ones from <em></em><br>

<strong><em>José Angel</em> </strong> , <em><strong>Bogdan Nicolescu, John Morris</strong> </em> for their quirky humour,<br>

<em><strong>Anish</strong> </em> , <em><strong>Dieter</strong> </em> , <em><strong>Ian Rance</strong> </em> and <strong><em>Ken Yamamoto, Charles Becker, jf zhang</em> </strong> , <strong><em>James Kazan, Miles Riggin </em> </strong> and <strong><em>John DiLeo</em> </strong> for the beautiful autumn landscapes - they're so inviting!<br>

<em><strong>Aguinaldo </strong> </em> - I'm deeply awed by such scenes, and it's perfectly captured<br>

<strong><em>Luis Argüelles</em> </strong> - very quirky indeed!<br>

<em><strong>Sanford </strong> </em> for giving me the blues. ;-)<br>

<strong><em>Lil Judd</em> </strong> - good catch!<br>

<strong><em>Brian Chmura </em> </strong> and <strong><em>Savitri Wilder</em> </strong> - lovely half-desat... very dreamy quality!<br>

<strong><em>epp b</em> </strong> - wow! a stunner.<br>

<strong><em>alex foto</em> </strong> - good abstract!<br>

<strong><em>matt laur</em> </strong> - I simply love those puppies. Don't stop yet!<br>

<em><strong>Isaac Sam</strong> </em> - that was evil, showing such an image just before lunchtime... ;-)<br>

<strong><em>Rodger Baker</em> </strong> - the light in the dark, truly.<br>

<strong><em>Igor Smirnoff</em> , </strong> <strong><em>Peter Heritage </em> </strong> and <strong><em>Jeff Lipsman</em> </strong> - feels like being right there.</p>

<p>Being quite European, the Halloween atmosphere is fun to see - it's a festivity that hardly rings any bells for me, but one that clearly inspires a lot of creativity.<br>

All the colours of fall: it is just a great season for photography. Seeing all these pictures with all the colours also makes me miss cold, wet and fall-coloured Netherlands...a bit. Where I live now, I have to do without these colours - it stays green and sunny.</p>

<p>There are - as always - a lot of great photos to adore, and choosing a "week's best" is hard: Matt's dog (recurring theme), Brandon Wu (you were there for work, or did they allow a massive lens in the "normal" crowd?), Cees, beautiful and original view of the Zeelandbrug, Lill's Heron, Aguinaldo's truly awesome nightsky and Greg's playing birds (is it telling the other bird to shut up?) - all photos that stood out for me. Quality work.</p>

<p>But this week for me started with a bang and a benchmark. Jose's <em>Au Revoir</em> picture just really grabbed me. It has a very nice melancholy over it, and to me, it's like a story-telling picture. Adorable photo, great catch.</p>

<p>Monika,<br>

Thanks for the kind comment - I feel honoured, especially considering the extraordinary technical and artistic quality of the photos making up this thread.<br>

I wouldn't presume to pass judgement on most of them, but Aguinaldo's I feel I can comment on (as an amateur astronomer). In a word, AWESOME. Thank you very much for posting this wonderfully balanced image.<br>

(I'd love dark skies and an unobstructed view around here, but the UK is horribly light-polluted and essentially too populated to properly escape it.)</p>

<p>Peter Heritage,<br>

your words make me very proud. Thanks a lot. Please take a look at my pic of last week. It is all about stars too.<br>

These photos gave me a lot o work and physical suffering to get but satisfaction too. Some people suspect they are not real, and their thoghts made even more proud.<br>

I think the technology brought by the newer cameras and lenses opens a new world for us.</p>

<p>Best regards for you all!!!</p>

<p><!--StartFragment--></p>

<p >Well, although every Wednesday the pictures are better and better, the following ones have catched my eyes this week:</p>

<p > </p>

<p >Aguinaldo de Paula & again the fusion processes in the sky (I can't help, I just love Astronomy)</p>

<p >Ian Rance & the well bokehed mushroom</p>

<p >Kevin Cassar & the well illuminated (and posed) Halloween</p>

<p >Alex foto & the ghost</p>

<p >Eric Christensen & the Borneo colors</p>

<p >Isaac Sam & ... well, my stomach votes here :)</p>

<p >Phil Burt & the popcorn</p>

<p >James Kazan & the slow waters</p>

<p >Robert Davis & the bw reflections</p>

<p >Jeff Lipsman & the Italy speed</p>

<p >John DiLeo & the lovely 3D way</p>

<p > </p>

<p >My favourite this week is the one from Jeff Lipsman, taken in Italy. The picture gathers at the same time a colorful country full of art, the freedom of textures and the behavior of people in their “vespas” (motorcycles). Everything is arranged in a “street-photo” style that, I must confess, I’m devoted to. </p>

<!--EndFragment-->