Flash Triggers for two cameras. What/how - setup.

michael_mcmanus

<p>So, I have looked on here for infromation as well as on the web and I am still fairly confused. I am no expert when it comes to flash triggers so I thought I might get help from some of you.<br>

I have a d90 and a d300 with 2 sb900s. We shoot weddings and are hoping to use a wireless set up with our flashes. It would be ideal for us to set up the sb900s on light stands or wherever in the reception. <br>

First question. Is it possible for me to use both cameras to control both flashes with a trigger? If not, what would my abilities be?<br>

Second question. What are my options for doing this?<br>

Thank you in advance for all your help.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>You should look at the following, still active thread.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.photo.net/wedding-photography-forum/00Ur7G">http://www.photo.net/wedding-photography-forum/00Ur7G</a></p>

<p>To answer your question, yes, you can set up both cameras to control both flashes. I use a plain vanilla triggering system--Cybersyncs--and I have two transmitters, one on each of my cameras. I have a receiver on each of my flashes (off camera). Using the channels, I can select which camera controls what flashes, or I can set it so both cameras control all flashes.</p>

<p>If you use the Nikon CLS system, I am sure you can do the same.</p>

<p>I am sure you will get more specfic advice from Nikon users as well.</p>

<p>if you want to use CLS, you can set the on-camera flash to commander mode or purchase the $$ SU800. The on-camera flash may well limit you in overall range and positioning (since the SB900 has to see the camera pre-flash).</p>

<p>Otherwise, the Cybersync thing will work well as I suppose Nadine is using Auto or Manual mode on the flash units.</p>

<p>There is also the RadioPopper system which is wireless, radio and full CLS.</p>

<p>i use the cybersyncs, too, but in a nikon environment, and it works just as nadine says: use the same channels on the xmit and rec devices to enable either camera to fire the SB-900s. 'course, flash is all manual when you do this, so there is some compromise vs CLS.</p>