FE TROUBLES

jay_frazier

<p>You probably have dead/weak batteries.</p>

<p>Set the shutter speed dial to M90 to release the mirror. If the mirror doesn't drop that might mean that the mirror bumper foam is really deteriorated and sticky, and you can try flicking the mirror down with your fingernail. If it does drop down on its own at M90, install two fresh button cells, and see if that clears up the problem.</p>

<p>Your okay Michael. The camera has fresh batteries new foam I had extra foam from a kit redid the FM I was gonna buy off a gent I was doing sub work for he wants 50 bucks for it but now not so sure. I don't really need it for I have a black FE also maybe see if he drops down the price just for the lens. When I posted yesterday about the e-grad screen it's for my black fe Thank You Very Much heck if ya lived close I would give a bottle of vino Take Care</p>

<p>Believe you have posted this question on another forum, where I have given an answer.</p>

<p>Check to see if mirror sticks up when no lens is attached to camera. If it does NOT, then the problem is likely that your mirror has moved (slid forward) on its support and is hitting the back of the lens mount causing it to remain in the up position. Easily repaired.</p>